icon

wiring connector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aeroadster 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to find out what the name of a type of connector is.  Description below:

Black grooved, uni-directional male connector, in this case, supporting two small spades.

Inserts into a female connector that has a RED / purple sliding sleeve that acts as a locking mechanism for the connection.

The actual connector is found on the end of my car's speedo sensor and is common to lighting wiring connectors and general automotive engine wiring.  My car is a Saab, but I've seen these types of connectors on VWs, Pugs, Mercs, Beemers, Fords etc so I'm sure it's a universal type.

Any ideas?

The female end is hard to remove from the engine bay hence why I've not taken it to a motor factors.  The male end has cracked and broken leading to a dodgy connection.  Net result: intermittent speedo.  When I push the connection back in, the speedo works again until the vibration causes it to come away.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
I belive that type is refered to a weather-pac connector , you'll probably have to get it from a dealer. trying to match one up is with someone over the phone will be really difficult...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic