icon

passive arming on factory 07 avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveholtam 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all! I have a 2007 Avalanche with factoty keyless entry. I am trying to determine if there may be a way to add passive locking to the factory system? Perhaps a secret option or something? Maybe a relay option?
This Avalanche has factory remote start, so I really don't want to go through the trouble of installing an entire system just because I'm lazy and want the doors to lock for me. But if I did, what would be the best route to get passive arming and retain factory remote start use?
Thanks!!!
Steve
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Have you asked the dealer? I know thats the last place I would want to go....but it might be a programable option.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
I know some Saturns have a passive-arming option for the factory security system. It's in the owner's manual, and you can program it yourself.
But it takes 5 minutes to passively arm, and I'm not so sure if it locks the doors. Still, couldn't hurt to see if your manual has anything about it.
Besides, that, depending on your budget and skill level, you could probably come up with something.
First, get something like the XK01 from bypasskit.com. The factory alarm and doorlocks are controlled by the Avalanche's computer databus......the XK01 ties into the databus, and provides the signal to lock (or unlock) the doors.
Then you've got to figure out some way to trigger the XK01 to lock/arm at the time you want, which would be trickier.
I can't think of exactly how at the moment. But some kind of timer relay that maybe you could tie into the car's domelight wiring..........when it sees the domelight come on (as you exit the car) and then go out (a short time after you close the door), the car would lock.
You'd also want to wire that timer relay to operate only when the key is out of the ignition. That way, you wouldn't lock yourself out if, for example, you wanted to leave the car running while you run to a mailbox or something like that.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic