icon

'07 nissan versa radio illumination wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crown_royal256 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2007 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to finish up a project I am working on which involves installing an OEM 6 CD in dash head unit from an '07 Nissan Versa into my '01 Honda Civic.  I got everything taken care of as far as finding a way to mount it in the dash and obtained the reverse harness and antenna adapter in order to get power for it. The harness was supplied by Metra and the part number is 71-7552. I got everything wired up and it was working great, now the only problem is that the buttons do not illuminate (they are supposed to). The screen will illuminate but not the buttons. The supplied harness does not have an orange illumination wire in it so there is nothing to hook up as far as illumination goes. I would assume that when the radio gets power all the buttons will illuminate including the screen but that is not the case in this scenario. I have tried metering all empty pin locations in order get a better understanding of what voltage is getting put out from them. Other than that I am stumped. I really want this project to work but the only thing that is holding me back is how to get the buttons to illuminate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Screen lights up but buttons do not light up

'07 nissan versa radio illumination wire -- posted image.

Where the harness plugs in

Two empty plugs, I'm assuming one is for sat. and the other is for external changer?

I help or ideas is greatly appreciated

wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the stock wire harness from the Versa to reference? The stock illumination wire on a Versa is orange. If you have the old harness you could see where the wire comes into the harness.
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
crown_royal256 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

No unfortunately I don't. I was hoping someone one here might have dealt with a versa and could tell me the location of the illumination wire so that I can power it up.

Thanks though. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic