icon

2002 Ford F-350 Diesel Tach & Glow Plug

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
It was the new 6.0L.  Ill check on alldatapro.com for the info on the databus.  Everything ive read, has said that it was databus.  But ????  It was an 03 F-350 Superdudy.  I didnt even check to verify that it was, I just set up the remote start  for 15 sec wait time to crank.  Ill post again after I find the info. 
Hak
Siemens Autostart
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

I agree, everything I have read says that it is databus too.  The thing is, I have yet to find one that didn't have the wait to start wire at the instrument cluster.  BUT I have not done a 6L yet.  Next week I am doing one so I will see first hand :)

Haku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

I just looked in Alldatapro.com.  It says its the same 01+  that its databus.  But you have proved that it can be done.  When you do the new one next week, email me.  I would like to know if its the same, and what wire you use.  I use Crimestopper, that has a built in timer option, but here in Montana.....somtimes 15 sec is too short and 20 sec is too long, depending on time of year.  I would rather hook it up to the light.

Siemens Autostart    ip3@centurytel.net

Hak
Siemens Autostart
Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

I will do that.  My information also says it is databus like I said but does offer a solution which is to hook it directly to the glow plug relay.  To me this is the next best thing and would work better then the timer.  I am in Canada and a timer just doesn't cut it.  Our temperature can range here from -30 to +100.  That is the difference between no glow plugs and 30 seconds or more of glow plugs.

Haku 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Same weather here, Im in Kalispell.  Few miles from the border.  Got to love it, without the cold.... who would want a remote start!!!!!
Hak
Siemens Autostart
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
I' ve  done around 4 or 5  2002, 2003 F-350's Deisel and I had to use a pulse timer, also it probablly is easier then taking the dash apart???
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
The dash is super easy to take apart.  I don't cut corners with diesels by using a timer.  If you have ever owned a diesel you can appreciate how important it is to have it wait the right amount of time for the glow plugs.  I am curious Bnluis, did you actually check to see if the glow plug (wait to start) wire was there or did you just assume because of the information you had? 
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

You know how it works  the information said it was a databus. I called  tech support ( DEI of course ) So I wired it as tech support said to. Don't get me wrong I rather use a wait to start wire it is much more relaible. You know the car will start as soon as the glow plug goes off. I always used the wait to start wire in older Fords and for all Dodge pick up Diesel installs. 

Did you use use a  diode ? or any tips Maybe I will try it next time.

Then again, you're in Canada, trucks might be different???

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic