icon

2003 silverado locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blasito1973 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
i am installing an extreme 9900 remote starter alarm in a 2003 club cab silverado but i cant get the door locks to work and i cant get the window modules to work either , for the remote starter i ordered the 457GW from dei would this work for the remote starter and door locks? and how do i get the window modules to work please help
wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
The DEI 457GW Databus inteface should work. I would need more info on your window module problem. Do you have all the wire schematics including the wires for the window wires?
blasito1973 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
yes i have find already in each door the two wires that power up with the switch when it goes up and down they are brown and blue on a 4 wire plug in the controls of each door but when i conec this to the roll up or down modules they don do nothing the modules i use are from the extreme brand they have 4 wires to activate each window to go up or down one cable goes to the swich and the other goes to the motor also has one 12v one ground and one cable that when it sees ground it activates the module to roll up or down but when i conect these like i cones the modules in other cars it does not work what could i be doing wrong or there is any special module for this vehicle
blasito1973 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
also here is a transcript of the manual
power window control module
features
automatic power rooll up mechanism
power windows close the open windows automatically when the car doors lock armed
electronic or key controlled
circuit close car windows individually or in specific order
intelligent circuit detects any non functioning or obstructed windows stop suplies power to a closed or damaged window prevents the power motors and butterfly from overloading
campatible with any car alarm system
compatible with any central lock system
suitable for two and four windows cars
pre install
plug the wire harnes to the system module
remove the fuse on the red wird
find a mounting location for the system control module
with the control module location determined use the system layout and the supplied wire color and the location charts as the reference to plan the wiring routing and conection points
route the module wiring along existibg vehicle wiring harnes to the target wires location and cut the module wire to correct lenght this will help to create a neat factoty loking install
make sure and test al vehicle wires before making any conections
             dc12 v
-----------------------------------------------------------------
acc + cent lock- lock on+              brown    white red black-
(roll up motor)    I
      I(ROLL UP SWITCH)
test
replace the fuse on the red wire
turn ignition key to on
roll windows down
turn ignition key off
locked armed the doors windows will close automatically if window cannot reach close potition use adjustor (clockwise ) to adjust roll up duration while one closed other windows do not work turn adjustor counter clokwise slightley
important notice
the module is for negative chasis vehicles only
jose23 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

What wires are you using for the lock and unlock? The lock wire should be a light blue wire and the unlock wire should be white. Both are located at the bcm -brown plug.

As far as the window module, what model are you using? Did you cut the window up and down wires in the truck before making your connections; leaving you 4 loose ends (then connect the window module's wires to the cut ends...4 wires = one wire to each cut end)? If you did it correctly and it still isn't working, then most likely the window module that you're using ins't strong enough to power the windows in that truck. I installed a dei 530t window module in an '02 Silverado not long ago and found that the (window) motors in that truck are very inefficient (windows are very hard to roll up). The 530t module would only move the windows slightly before shutting down -even at the highest setting. I had to do a resitor modification (increase the resistance) on the window module before it would sufficiently power the windows. Everything worked great after that.

-Jose

blasito1973 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
the lock wires do i use the outputs of the alarm? or do i have to use the 457GW so they work
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
connect the locks from the alarm to the 457g

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic