icon

problems with 556c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
i recently did a r/s on a pacifica and i could not get the 556c to work properly. i got it to program and placed it and it remote started fine, BUT, when i put the key in to start the vehicle it said invalid key and cranked and died, this happened with both keys, then i tried moving the 556c thinking the car was seeing to keys. well then it wouldnt remote start but start with the key. any help is appreciated, i saw some of the bypasses on bypasskit.com, they work ok?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
Verify that the wire you connected to the blue status input is only turning on when the vehicle is remote started. This sounds like the 556C is on all of the time.
The bypasskit.com stuff works great, but you already have a bypass that should work fine.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
i use DEI products and i used the blue status output wire of the 4pin harness to the relay pack. thanks for your help though.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
I was not trying to offend your 'knowledge' of the product, I was simply stating that the 556C is nothing more than a sentry chip turned on with a relay that is activated by the status input and a constant hot. The only way for the vehicle to be able to 'read' it is if the unit is 'on' or the relay that turns it on is bad and leaving it constantly connected. I was merely asking if you had verified that the status output is indeed only turning on when you want it to, and off when you don't. To do this you check the status input for ground only when the remote start is activated. Many people search this site for solutions to their own problems, so when a suggestion is made it is not just for the original requester it is for anyone who may find this post in the future with the same problem and not have to post to find a solution.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Also, it should be noted that the small relay, and the wire going from the relay to the pellet at the key head...........that wire actually serves to diasble the 556C, NOT to enable it.
In other words, if you cut out that relay and tossed it in the trash, the pellet at the keyhead would be "on" all the time.
Also, under the shrink tubing at the pellet, are some poorly-protected solder joints. They break when you put a zip-tie too tight.
I would slice open the shrink tubing, and repair the connections if they are broken.
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
hey twelvoltz, I didnt take offense to anything you said, i just wanted to clarify what i was using and how i installed it to help someone help me. i hey Chris i have found what you say about the solder joints to be pretty true thanks for the help guys

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic