icon

what speakers should i buy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dodgeram 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 97 dodge ram regular cab and there is not that much room for a big speaker box. I was woundering what speakers sound the best in small enclosures and what kind of amp to get too.

chad
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/images/enlarged/DODG_CTR.html  this enclousure will fit your truck.

what speakers should i buy -- posted image.

Fits 1994-1997 1500, 2500 & 3500 Rams equipped with the 40/20/40 front seat.

This Stealthbox model is as stealthy as they come with a clever design that replaces the lower center cushion of the Ram' s front seat with a sealed subwoofer enclosure. Your factory upholstery covers the box for a perfect factory look.

The forward location and downfiring design of this Stealthbox deliver amazing "up-front" bass presence and stunning impact.

The Hard Data:

Contains one 12W3v2-D2 in a sealed enclosure. 300 Watt power handling. Wired for 4 ohm mono. Stealthbox replaces the bottom part of the factory front center seat. In Ram QuadCab models, rear center cup holders need to be removed and the seatbelt sensor needs to be relocated. Stealthbox must be covered using cover from the bottom part of the factory front center seat.

Model Name: SB-D-TRKCTR/12W3

SKU: 94082
Color: n/a (uses factory upholstery)
Model years for this model: 1994-1997
Match Grade: Perfect (uses factory upholstery)

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I built a couple of boxes not long ago for  one for a twelve in each.. was a slant truck box..    width 23", top 6", bottom 11.5" and  was 11" tall (I think it was 11, check the hight in your truck.. )  build two boxes like that throw in a couple of 12W0 8's.. the dude loved it.. and it didn't interfer with the fold up console.. box was a little small for my liking, but he loved it.. air space was just under a cubic foot.. maybe put in a 10 or 8 and would have even sounded better..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic