icon

2003 dodge ram false alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeskuya 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone. I am installing a compustar alarm/remote starter in a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Quad cab. I am having a few problems and have no idea how to fix them. The main problem is the door triggers. I used diodes on the doors and they keep setting the alarm off and telling me a door is open. I went and switched the diodes around to see if that changed anything but it didn't. Any Ideas? Also I hooked up the dome light supervision and then somewhere along the line the dome light stopped working completly. I checked all of the fuses and changed the light bulb neither of them fixed it. I then check for power at the dome light with the DMM and it has power. I am at a loss with this one. and last but not least the parking lights. I can not get the parking lights to flash when the alarm is armed and disarmed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
well if the parking light aren't flashing you might be in Valet Mode. Use the door trigger to trigger a relay that goes to the door trigger input of the compustar. the dome light. check your dome light overide button. i've seen people forget about that. word
"dont ground out!"
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
green beret 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I just tapped into my parking light wire from behind the headlight/parking light panel, It pops off. The dome light you might as well forget, I just hooked up the door triggers wich was easy to find. Make sure your diodes on your door triggers are pointed in the correct direction.

On to my problem, I can get the remote start to start, But it cuts off after 5 seconds????  Could it be the tach wire or do i need a relay for the secondary accessory output. This alarm came off a 2003 Dodge Ram and they had no relay on the secondary accessory output.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
PARKLIGHTS Violet / YELLOW At light switch harness   - 
 Ground through a 330-Ohm resistor to activate parklights. You can also use a BLACK / YELLOW (+) in the large harness under the hood between the driver's side fender and the firewall.

The starting issue. What transpoder bypass did you use?

This truck has 2 Ign.   and 2 accs. 

green beret 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
It has the black key, No bypass.
I hooked up all the ign and acc wires, After 5 seconds you hear a relay in the main module click and cuts off the engine, Then restarts it another 3 times, Then stops.
But i just tapped into my second acc from the first acc wire, Maybe i have to run the extra relay and tap into the second acc wire with the relay??
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
Just for laughs.....put your key in the ign. and try to remote start!
green beret 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
What if it stays running, Then what is the diagnosis?
Plus last time i checked it wouldn't turn over while the alarm was armed, But would run for the 5 seconds while disarmed.
I'm going to try to draw up a diagram to better describe what im working with and how its hooked up :)
              Thnx for your patience, I notice this vehicle is a hot topic but nothing i read describes my problem with a solution.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: June 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

The black key vs. the grey key is NOT allways an acurate way to determine weather or not you need a bypass. I have done plenty of Dodge trucks with black keys, that require bypass modules.

Insert the key (don't turn it) then hit your start button. Tell us what happens.

Plus last time i checked it wouldn't turn over while the alarm was armed, If this happens, there is another problem.

The fact of the alarm being armed should not affect the remote starting.  Leave it armed, and locked. Do this test from the drivers seat.

green beret 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
If this happens, there is another problem.
Would you know what kinda problem? I never had so many troubles with a remote start on a vehicle b4.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic