icon

factory alarm bypass on 2000 beetle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jredecop 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

I just put a remote start on a 2000 vw tdi beetle and everything works great except for when the car sits for about half a day or so when I remote start it the alarm goes off, but if I unlock the car first, its fine. I would like to get around the unlocking first part. I searched and found this statement "There is a PURPLE / white Ignition sense wire that you need to cut and install a relay to open the circuit during remote start. It appears to be in a tan or brown plug behind the driver dash panel." Is this the right procedure for doing this?

Also, which wire do I need to use for the parking lights? Does it need to have a diode to keep the feed away from the headlight switch?

Truck wire? Color? Location?

wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2007 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
You may have to single pulse the unlock wire with the factory disarm wire out of your rem start. The first pulse disarms and the second pulse unlocks. I beleive that is your problem.
FACTORY ALARM DISARM   DISARMS WITH UNLOCK, Single Pulse Disarms
These are the parking light wires there are two one for Left one for Right. Click on the car security section on the left menu under Illuminated Entry, it has the diagrams and explanation.
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) GRAY/BLACK (+) and GRAY/RED (+) Use both, See NOTE *1   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, See DIAGRAM
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
RTheres an alarm module at the left side of the column. Fine a blk/purpl into a blue plug. This is the wire to "open" while remote started. Wire the relay like so: 85 ground while running, 86 12 volts, 87a key side of the BLACK/ purple, 30, the other side of this wire. When you R/S the car this wire will open BEFORE anyign, or accs. is energized. When you shut off, or get in the car and take off, the ground while running will no longer be present, and the relay will close, and all is back to normal....whatever normal is............factory alarm bypass on 2000 beetle -- posted image.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome!! Thanks. My drivers door unlocks on a single pulse, with double it unlocks drivers, then passenger. This would keep the alarm from going off, but I hated having the doors unlock before the car started. Thanks for your help.
jredecop 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan wrote:
RTheres an alarm module at the left side of the column. Fine a blk/purpl into a blue plug. This is the wire to "open" while remote started. Wire the relay like so: 85 ground while running, 86 12 volts, 87a key side of the BLACK/ purple, 30, the other side of this wire. When you R/S the car this wire will open BEFORE anyign, or accs. is energized. When you shut off, or get in the car and take off, the ground while running will no longer be present, and the relay will close, and all is back to normal....whatever normal is............factory alarm bypass on 2000 beetle -- posted image.

This works great!! Just wanted to update on this in case someone else is having this problem. Took me a while to try it just because it takes forever to take this car apart to get to these wires. Thanks again for your help. I never did hook up the parking lights because I heard  some people burnt out the dash lights somehow and I can look at my lcd if my car is running, plus the lights automatically flash when I lock the doors.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
jredecop when doing the lights you have to use the one parking light wire from the alarm and use 2 6amp diodes and tag those two wires.  If done like that then you would not have any problem.  As for your lights automatically flashing when locking and unlocking it would not do that when its running and would not give you a visual on the status.  Its not hard at all to do the lights.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Just looked at that car diagram an noticed its the gray/purple wire so there is not need for the 2 diodes.  There are three gray/purple wires at the headlight switch, be sure to use the one that is in pin 6 to keep the dash lights fuse from blowing.  when i talked about the 2 diodes its usually for german cars but yours just has one. good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic