icon

amp not powered? need help plz

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikerotch5 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2003 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Well i checked the wire coming out of the reciever and only 2 volts are coming out, I hooked up the wire to another power source in my car and the amp turned on, but no sound, so i suspect the head unit is bad, its the only thing i can think of.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I had this exact same kind of thing happen with a customer's car a couple weeks ago.  Their head unit was not under warranty anymore and my solution was to tap in to the +12v accessory wire in the radio's harness.  I don't think anyone leaves their car with the key in the accessory position without the radio turned on, so I doubt you'll have to worry about killing the batteryamp not powered? need help plz - Page 2 -- posted image..  It's a quick and simple solution--just something to consider.  Keep in mind that this is the same wire that tells the head unit to turn on.  As a general precation, I recommend you don't connect more than one external amplifier turn-on using this method. Good luck!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic