icon

’06 ridgeline, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
I just worked on an 06 honda ridgeline for the first time yesterday installing an audiovox aps-786 alarm and remote starter. everything went fine with the exception of everytime you would remote start the vehicle and then shut down the remote starter the vehicle would unlock the doors. after i tried disconnecting everything including door locks, factory alarm disarm, door trigger, parking lights, brake input.. it would always unlock the vehicle after shutting down. i also tried hooking up the negative pulse after shutdown to try and re-lock the doors, but that wouldnt work.when i first called audiovox they said to hook up the key sense wire, after i did that (using a relay) I spent about an hour on the phone with audiovox trying basically everything i mentioned above. with no solution i was forced to shut off the factory unlock after turning the ignition off after reading the vehicles owners manual. has anyone else encountered a problem like this on the ridgeline?
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
As you found...the truck is unlocking the doors...not the remote start. Its not the only vehicle like that. A lot of GM cars do that too. I would recommend turning OFF the ignition locks in the trucks programming, and then turning it ON in the remote start programming. The remote start is smart enough to know only to unlock the doors when the truck is shut off by key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic