icon

audiovox 787 rs problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woodn01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
i just put an audiovox aps-787 rs on a 04 vette. everything works great and the tach learned just fine. when i try to rs the car, the siren chirps twice rapidly, and the parking lights also flash twice rapidly. i have tried putting the unit into voltage sense with both voltage settings, tach sense, and dbi tach sense. nothing is working and i can not figure out the install manual b/c apparently they let a monkey right the thing. the manual says to hook the neutral safety switch to the BLACK/ white wire but that wire is the horn output. i tried hooking that wire to ground anyways and nothing changed. i have checked all shutdown wires and nothing is wrong. brake switch is fine, instant trigger is fine and no hood pin switch. what am i missing? i have done plenty of rs systems but i can't figure out what is wrong with this one. i need to get this car out of the shop so i can do another rs system, so any help is good help. thanks for any help you can give me.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

If im not mistake there is a 2 wire switch that plugs in to the aps-787.  just switch to on ground the one that doesnt have ground.  that would be equivalent to vipers BLACK/ white wire but in DEI they have it as one wire that needs ground.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it does seem like they let a monkey write that manual. I'd like to work out a deal with Audiovox to re-write their documentation in a sensible manner, but I can't get hold of any of the higher-ups there.
Anyway, first let me say that I'm going on the assumption that the Prestige APS-787 is identical to the Pursuit PRO-9776.
(I install Pursuit, but last year, the APS-786T and the PRO-9775T were the same thing.)
The new-style Audiovox stuff no longer has the separate, red-handled toggle safety swith with the neutral safety wire.......they did away with all that for the new model, and the LED/valet button also functions as the control switch.
If there is any mention of this switch and/or wire in the manual, it's because they were sleeping on the job and just left the text that was there last year.
But anyway, have you also tested the shutdown wires DURING the time you're attempting to remote start? The brake wire might test fine, but it's also possible that it pulses momentarily with ignition.
Besides that, you can use the unit's built-in diagnostic setting to show you what the cause for shutdown was.
secured_auto 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
what are you tryin' to do ? Is factory alarm going out when you remote-start the car?
woodn01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
well guys, thanks for the help but i found the problem. i tied into all the blinkers instead of messing with the possible problem of causing the factory alarm to go off. but when i did this it was back-feeding into the brake wire and that was shutting down the rs as soon as the lights came on. thanks for all the replies though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic