the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 dodge ram no crank?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

Just lazy, thats all I can figure. He knows how to use one as he is supposed to be "more" experienced than myself. I am trying to get my theory accros to him, I don't know everything but I am willing to learn. To many people in general know everything.....Owell

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thats the problem with old school installer.  Thats why some shops prefer new installers due to the fact that these guys know everything.  not to metion that your 1992 civic is very different to a 2007 civic with its computers.  All I say is read as much as you can.  Learn from other peoples mistakes.  Thats why this website is great.  The more you read the and 'search" before posting, the better you are off and it will make you a hell out of a troubleshooter.
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
when i said these guys I meant the older installers with bad habits like your friend.  New guys out of school(installation) or  people willing to learn from someone who knows how to be a true professional are the way to go.  If you really want to learn about alarms you should go to the SNAKE PIT(San Diego).  Those guys are great and show you how to install these systems safely.  Im going back the 21st of next month for advanced.  All though I know how to install they just refined my skill and showed the difference from an amateur and a professional.
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

I hear what your saying. I am training a guy part time who will eventually work full time with me. He has limited experience and loves the work.  I have been straight with him as I can't afford to pay him a decent wage (health care) just yet. I am a believer in you get what you pay for. My other guy was part time so imo he really could care less about this shop, so we have parted ways this morning. I guess I am asking for too much when I want things installed my way, meter first connect second.......Back to doing it all woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

Trust me, if they want you should send them to that school and im not sure but the'y're may be a tax deduct,  it will show them everythign hands on.  You send him to the snake pit and when he gets back he'll probably know more then you lol.  But seriously I saw students who knew nothing!!!! But was amazed by the end of the 3 day training how trust worthy they would be and would hire them in a sec.  Of course theres some things that you will learn with experience but thats where the12volt..com comes in.  Look up and look up some more for help.  Amazing class and also gives you access to DEI directechs for 3 months. 

xtremej 
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  

Its a great tax write off, I looked into it. I wouldn't be shocked if he taught me, I am fine with that:). I have learned a ton from this site and some of its big hitters, I am forever indebted too for their knowledge sharing. It sounds as if you had a positive experience there and thats cool. I will share some expereince from the flip side. I had a young guy stop in last summer with a degree from wyotech in performance upgrades (I didn't see it first hand) asking for a job. I gave him an interview and felt he was the most cooky arrogant putz I had met in awhile. I'll shoot righte to the point another shop that specializes in performance and accesories hired him. He lasted 6 months before they "laid him off". The owner told me hed could not be shown anything or told anything as he knew everything. What I am saying is it really depends each individual, some strive to learn others do something once and are insta-pro's. I will probably send my trainee to school as he is like me and is still learning and willing to learn.

p.s. everyone has access to directechs06 dodge ram no crank? - Page 2 -- posted image.....

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic