icon

2006 qx56 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
n3j0d 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
im installing a TRC brand RST-880 alarm and remote start combo on a 2006 QX56. im using a idatalink ADS-DL CA all-in-one CAN bus bypass module. after an hour on the phone with tech support and two different modules i still am unable to get the bypass module to program. any suggestions? a alarm wiring diagram for the would be nice too if possible.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Has it been flashed (programed) off the internet, properly? If the unit is not programmed for the right vehicle....it won't learn.
wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Wow I had to look at the name and make sure I didn't post and forgot. I am having the exact same problem except for mines a 06 F150 with an Autopage RS-727LCD Alarm/Start and the ADS-AL CA. I have tried two modules also and I also have the ADS-USB Weblink 2.0 Software updater which is what programs the unit and updates it. But beleive me even if it hasn't been flashed/programmed I don't think that's the problem. Tech support called me and said he was real busy and never called back. I have tried everything and they keep saying check your wiring, flash it, or replace it. I know it is something else wrong becuase I have done about 10 Fords/Mazdas 01-07 alone with the Autopage 2-way Combo and the ADS-AL CA and haven't had a problem one. So I think there is a problem with the Weblink Downloads/Software currently. I am curious if you figured anything out, let me know if you would. Thanks
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
n3j0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
wire4veins wrote:
Wow I had to look at the name and make sure I didn't post and forgot. I am having the exact same problem except for mines a 06 F150 with an Autopage RS-727LCD Alarm/Start and the ADS-AL CA. I have tried two modules also and I also have the ADS-USB Weblink 2.0 Software updater which is what programs the unit and updates it. But beleive me even if it hasn't been flashed/programmed I don't think that's the problem. Tech support called me and said he was real busy and never called back. I have tried everything and they keep saying check your wiring, flash it, or replace it. I know it is something else wrong becuase I have done about 10 Fords/Mazdas 01-07 alone with the Autopage 2-way Combo and the ADS-AL CA and haven't had a problem one. So I think there is a problem with the Weblink Downloads/Software currently. I am curious if you figured anything out, let me know if you would. Thanks
n3j0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
I never was able to get it to program. The tech i spoke even tried to upload a roll software(v1.6), still no sucess. I ordered a different interface from bypasskit.com. Hopefully their piece will work for me. I'll keep you posted please do the same.
n3j0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
i noticed that on the left side of the dash there is a light that is flashing. it looks like a "u" with an "!" in the center. anybody know what that means and could it possibly be the reason it wont program.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the tire pressure warning light - it looks more like this though - ( ! )
Kevin Pierson
n3j0d 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
Sounds like the tire pressure warning light - it looks more like this though - ( ! )
could that possibly be the reason it wont program?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
I would seriously doubt it.  The tire pressure warning light is just that, a warning light.  You could try checking all the tires and filling them to the OEM spec and then driving the vehicle around for a bit to clear the light.
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic