the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Infinity G35 Coupe, Factory Amp Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know the location of the factory amp and the wire color code? The factory amp was taken out of car and I seen a plug in the left rear in the trunk area. The plug is a 24 pin and I was think it might be the plug for the satellite as the colors on the plug did not match any colors I had for a wiring diagram.
MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

The amp is mounted under a plastic panel on the drivers side of the trunk.

Does the OEM radio have a 'sat' button on it?  The first 03 G35s were not sat compatible.

The next batch of 03s were sat compatible but weren't prewired, so you have to buy the cable.

They, they switched again to prewiring all G35s with the harness that runs from the back of the radio to the amp.  If you wanted to add OEM sat radio you just plugged it in and mounted the antenna.

What color codes are looking for?  I have the service manual for the car, but there are a lot of wires back there.

Kevin Pierson
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

Just to let everyone know..the plug I was referring to is the factory amp plug..which in this case was cut. The wire color codes listed on this site is correct. I had to physical look at each speaker wire. The are four pairs of wires that are in a sleeve are the wires from the radio, so if you are integrating an after-market amp with the factory head unit than you can connect your loc or speaker level input to these wires.

MEH66
meh66 
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I guess I should have looked at post before adding my comments. I am integrating an after-market amp to the factory head unit. I am looking for the color code for all the wires from the radio to amp (so that I can wires a four channel loc to it) and the wire color code to the speakers. In addition the amp turn on wire. The OEM radio do have a satellite radio button.
MEH66
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  

Yellow/Red - 12VDC

Sky Blue - Amp On Signa
BLACK/ Red - Groundl
Inputs:
White - Front Left +
Orange - Front Left -
ORANGE / Blue - Front Right +
WHITE/ Blue - Front Right -

Light Green - Left Rear +

Purple - Left Rear -

Blue - Right Rear +

Pink - Right Rear -

Outputs:

Green - Front Left +
Red - Front Left -

Gray - Front Right +

Yellow - Front Right -

GREEN/ YELLOW - Rear Left +

BLACK / YELLOW - Riear Left -

Brown - Rear Right +

Black - Rear Right -

Blue / YELLOW - Sub Left +

WHITE/ Green - Sub Left -

Blue/Red - Sub Right +

Blue/White - Sub Right -

I believe this is for a sedan now that I look at it, but give it a shot.  I don't believe the coupe has built in subs.  If it does, I havn't noticed them in the three years that I've owned the car!

Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic