icon

2 kicker cvr12 enclosure opinion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flawdaboi407 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I need some dimensions for a box. There 4 ohm subs. I listen to lots of rap. Im running a power acostic 1600 watt amp / 370w rms @ 2ohm and 310rms @ 4 ohm. Thanks.
bballguy162006 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
You can find the reccomended dimensions on Kicker's website.  I would suggest a ported or bandpass if you mostly/only listen to rap
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

I would forego the bandpass and stick to the ported enclosure... Bandpass boxes are not also called "speaker destroyers" for nothing... Unless they are properly tuned specifically to the subs and only those subs, then any distortions cannot be heard until it is too late (ie the sub is failed and damaged).

The Ported enclosures will give power to the bass notes and easier to set-up and tune properly with less work.

If you haven't bought the subs yet, I would consider going for the loaded dual cvr enclosure from Ciruit City (or wherever available to you) They are precisely tuned, ported and stuffed to give maximum impact for street bass (30-80 Hz).

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic