03 grand caravan, bcm location?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
witxp 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

03 Grand Caravan

I'm trying to disconnect the passenger sliding door from the rest of the circuit because the motor is dying and making an awful noise. I wanted to disconnect it from the BCM rather than going through the door to make life easier, but after taking apart the lower steering wheel panel I can't figure out which is the BCM. Spec sheets say it's in the driver side kick panel, so is it the trim panel at that's right next to the emergency brake. I think it's the gray box on the front of the first image.

03 grand caravan, bcm location? - Last Post -- posted image.

witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone just confirm if that gray box with a big hex bolt in front of it is the BCM?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 30, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
NO that is not the BCM, it's located up in the drivers kick panal. Kind of a pain to get to. The passenger side sliding door wire is located in the 3rd connector down, pun #5. It's purple and yellow. It's not really a good idea to just start cuttin wires on the BCM, but if you must.....cut it so that you have enough wire on BOTH ends, so you can put it back together.  The BCM is a "black box" with 5 plugs, or connectors on the face of it. They are stacked top to bottom, not side to side.   Good Luck.
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not sure what you mean by up in the kick panel.  Is it under the front speaker? I don't plan on cutting the wire.  I was think I can just unhook it from the connector itself.

jcap 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
the bcm is the box located in the back on your first picture  (left hand side), it has 5 black connectors going into it.
jcap
jcap 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

sorry or you can disconnect the sliding door by disconnecting the connect behind the rear passenger front door . the connect is located behind the trim panel . it is very easy to get at.

jcap
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks

I'll check it out today.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic