icon

tc sounds?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
widerides 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Are tc sounds any good? They are really cheap for what they offer. They have a forum but I wanted an outside opinion.

www.tcsounds.com

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

From what I have heard and read they are among some of the best. They do have really good prices and offer super deals on various products off and on all the time. You buy straight from them which is why prices are so good, no middle man to work with and mark the prices way up. Interesting too is the parts they make are used by other companies in their subs as well. Their forums can be useful to learn about them, plus I have seen them discuss other companies in their forums, even recommending them, which to me was pretty cool, seeing one company talk about how good another company is, don't see that very often. I personally was going to get a sub from them until they sold out of the one I wanted, so I went with another company, very similar to them, and has TC parts in it. If you want to see of there subs in action, check out this website, some pretty cool stuff.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos.html

Look for TC Sounds on there and check them out.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
TC Sounds is an awesome company. One of the bests
widerides 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

That realmofexcursion site is great. Thank you. I should have asked this eariler. How is their sq? I listin to more rock then rap and I want to be able to hear really fast double pedal, like slipknot.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Tc is more of a SQ driver than SPL. Incredible SQ with lots of beats.
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
What a lot of people don't know is tcsounds manufacture the motors for some big name brand's subs but these brands don't tell you that.  So yeah, good subs and good price.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
TC sounds makes more than one driver...they have an spl monster
http://tcsounds.com/lms5400.htm
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't say that is necessarily a SPL oriented subwoofer although I'm sure it can get really loud.  I think overall they are more of a sq oriented driver company.  Like most subwoofers I'm sure they can be used for SPL in the right enclosures though.

nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
They don't seem to be that bad of a speaker. And I would agree (based on the tech data I just read) that they are geared more towards SQ than SPL (although I don't think they'd be bad in a "true" SQL setup).
G. Rick (aka; Tha "R")
**Peter North is my idol***
MECP-Certified 1st Class Installer
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
nubiannupe wrote:
They don't seem to be that bad of a speaker. And I would agree (based on the tech data I just read) that they are geared more towards SQ than SPL (although I don't think they'd be bad in a "true" SQL setup).
Except there is NO SUCH THING!!! "true" SPL, or "true" SQ. Period.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic