viper 5900 multiple sensors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prodigalson 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I just had a Viper 5900 installed. From reading the user manual it seams possible to have 2 sensors. Currently there is only a proximity (508d) attached. It sets off the pager as sensor 2.  The pager has an icon for sensor 1 and sensor 2.  Is it possible to have them hook up the proximity as sensor 2 and the shock as sensor 1. If so how would they go about this? My shop had no clue what I was talking about.

Thanks

creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
hmmm, i dont know about that, i believe the shock sensor reports 2 for heavy impacts and 1 for light impacts... i could be wrong though...
prodigalson 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2007 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

Do light impacts usually warn away? The pager says warn away plus the sensor that triggered it.

creed2k 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
yeah light impacts warn away, but are u saying the remote displays the warn away? cause i dont believe it does...
prodigalson 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

creed2k wrote:
yeah light impacts warn away, but are u saying the remote displays the warn away? cause i dont believe it does...

Yes. I wish I had the pic thats in the manual to post on here. On the left hand side theres a little speaker picture. Above this is the word WARN and below is ALARM. Warn away lights up WARN and a full trigger lights up ALARM.

I just found my answer. On page 13 of the manual it says Sensor 1 is displayed if the Dual-Stage shock sensor has been triggered as a full triggered or warn away sequence. Sensor 2 is for an additional dual stage sensor has been triggered.

So whats the propper way to wire this on theVIPER 5900?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
There's no real proper way, it plugs right in.  No other connection required.  Other then there is another wire coming off the harness.  If im not mistaken it is a green wire thats loose
prodigalson 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
There's no real proper way, it plugs right in.  No other connection required.  Other then there is another wire coming off the harness.  If im not mistaken it is a green wire thats loose

I'm not understanding. The 5900 brain has 1 plug input for the shock sensor? If the 504d is plugged in, how does the 508d get plugged in?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
look at this post and look for the 1st reponse(not original post).  it shows the proper way of connecting your 508d...https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=82309&KW=508d

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic