icon

galaxy 5000rs fm, remote?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
demon_510 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

I currently do not have good distance control over my truck, if it is parked in my garage (my garage is a good 200 yards away from my house) I cannot control the alarm.  Is the 5000RS FM?  I want to get maximum distance out of it  and really do not want to change it out since I really do like it.  The antenna is mounted on the drivers side of the window. 

Also does anyone know if I can use a remote off of the 5100RS?  I like the looks of it better.

audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
yes the 5000RS is fm (as far as I know) I have the same product made by asianwolf 8100RS (same as scytek 5100RS). I have great distance with it. I have the antenna mounted right below the rear view mirror. I do know that the reception is really bad if you are trying to go through anything that has metal in it. If you mount the antenna as high up on your windshield (and as close to the center as possible) you will get very good reception. I have yet to have time where I couldnt disarm my car from a far distance.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Agreed -- in general, I've gotten poor results by installing r/s brain antennae close to the A-pillar --> best results always from mounting beneath tint behind rear-view mirror.

However, you also have to consider RF interference, and perhaps the garage or something near the garage is preventing appropriate reception

The search function is your friend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic