icon

soundstream subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
allmet33 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone have or heard the Soundstream Tarantula Series subs?  I'm interested in the T5-10 personally.  Based on the specs and what I've heard of Soundstream subs before, I figured it might be worth a try.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

'06 Hyundai Azera - Pioneer FH-P4200MP / Factory center channel & tweeters / Infinity Kappa 62.7i's; all 4 doors, 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D2 10" subs pushed w/Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
i heard all good things about soundstream. I never listened to anything of theirs but heard they are good.
allmet33 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

Well...I hope to hear more good things so I can make my decision.

Thanks!

'06 Hyundai Azera - Pioneer FH-P4200MP / Factory center channel & tweeters / Infinity Kappa 62.7i's; all 4 doors, 2 Phoenix Gold Xenon 10D2 10" subs pushed w/Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 amp
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
i know there is a thread in here that lists all the beginner, stay aways, good, and competition (opinion) manufacterer (cant spell lol). I dont know where it is actually but I know that soundstream is put in the "good" list, if that helps any
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
audioman2007 wrote:
i know there is a thread in here that lists all the beginner, stay aways, good, and competition (opinion) manufacterer (cant spell lol). I dont know where it is actually but I know that soundstream is put in the "good" list, if that helps any
That list is and was proven wrong in many instances on this board.
You cannot classify the "today" Soundstream with the "old day" Soundstream.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
The Power Acrapstick masquerading as Soundstream today is far from the hand built and rock solidly engineered Soundstream of years ago. Personally I would not touch the new Soundstream at all. Next showcase please Bob.....
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
power acoustik has nothing to do with soundstream. power acoustik, spl, and kole audio are all the same company
blkmrideon22s 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
i love my soundstream  t4 15's with my soundstream 3500d. i havn't had  any problems  yet .
1991 Ford Explorer
1 Pioneer Deh-p3900mp
1 Soundstream TRA 680.4
1 Kicker KS5.2
2 Soundstream T4 15
1 Soundstream PCA 3500d
1 XM raido sportcaster
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'm on Rob's side with this one... The new "Soundstream" ONLY shares the name with the old Soundstream. Whether is Power Craptastik or not, it AIN'T what it used to be, and I'd turn to other stuff LONG before I'd consider using the new Soundstream.
Overall, it's over priced junk, now - kinda like Mercedes! soundstream subs -- posted image.
(What's a "raido", blkmrideon22s?)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 05, 2007 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
I'm on Rob's side with this one... The new "Soundstream" ONLY shares the name with the old Soundstream. Whether is Power Craptastik or not, it AIN'T what it used to be, and I'd turn to other stuff LONG before I'd consider using the new Soundstream.
Overall, it's over priced junk, now - kinda like Mercedes! soundstream subs -- posted image.
(What's a "raido", blkmrideon22s?)
haem have you never heard of the new raidos??
they are FAR superior to normal "radios". They are 180 percent efficient and can pick up ANY frequency and satellite signals...they can get HDTV without a hick up.
Most new raidos can put out up to 100 watts rms per channel while fused at 10 amps...very nice but I'd never get one
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic