icon

autopage rs 720lcd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radeonboy 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
It seems I'm another dude making another autopage thread. Well this is a bit different.
Something odd has happened out of the blue. I didn't really notice this until today. I think it has happened for at least a week now.
The signal in sight indicator (which happens to be a satellite) just disappears once I either push to arm or disarm the car. Before I had no problems pushing the button ONCE and then it responds right away.
But now I press arm/disarm and then no beep happens and the satellite logo indicator just disappears away from the LCD screen.
Now with the logo gone, I try again to arm my car. What happens? No beeps except I see the satellite re-appear on screen and immediately vanish.
I don't know what is wrong. Right now I am sitting in my home, with my car on the driveway. Up in the 2nd floor. I seem to notice that it works when I directly point the remote towards the car. I think it may have something to do with distance....A problem I never had before.
I also tried enclosing my whole hand around the remote and pressing a button...No response. When I give it free air to work in, it's either a toss-up if it will respond or not.
Any ideas what's up with this LCD remote? Is it dying or is it the computer brain.......
I'm so confused right now.
BTW: I just noticed the new OLED alarm came out by Autopage...looks nice.
- Mike
Without racing, there is no Honda
- Soichiro honda
wire4veins 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2007 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried re-programming the transmitter?
And yes I just installed the RS-1000 OLED in my stang it is soooo sweet!
wire4veins
"D"
Precision Autosound - Owner
MECP Master Installer
accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Check the antenna plug connection to the brain module. May have come loose...
Also make sure the antenna wire is not being grounded anywhere along its path. You never know when metal starts scraping the insulation...
radeonboy 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2007 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Okay folks...New details regarding the matter. What a PITA day.
The car was stuck on arm and couldnt get out. So I had to "break in" to my own car and manually disarm it. The vallet switch is hidden so I had to take stuff out and remember where I put it. Took me a while, lol.
I disarm the car manually and re-program the transmitter, etc...To no avail...the 2way was not responding or 1 way....
I open up the antenna and check the PCB if anything is shot, seems fine.
I call up the place where I got the alarm installed and they said come in and they will check on it.
An hour and half later I get to their place and once I get out the car, I ACCIDENTALLY hit a button on my 2way transmitter...."beep". I was shocked and like WTH!!!! I continue playing around with it and it works no problem, and very quickly. I went behind the building and played around with the alarm and things were perfect!!!
At this point I am confused...I go inside the shop pretending that it still doesnt work so they can check it. LOL. It was working for them and I tell them what happened, etc, etc at home it was working on/off and today it would not even respond...the indicator would disappear...
They check the car anyway and its getting power, ground, etc...
Conclusion: Something is up where I live...Someone is interferring with the radio waves...
Now I don't know what I am going to do. I'm not going to attempt at arming my car in my neighbourhood.
I think I will call up my City and advise them of my problem and let them hopefully check for signals that are leaking, etc, etc.
What do you guys think?
Without racing, there is no Honda
- Soichiro honda

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic