icon

'05 accord amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
razorbacx 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

I want to install an amp in my '05 Accord (LX Sedan) and I have a question with regards to the remote wire and whether to utilize the high level inputs on the amp itself or to buy a separate inline converter. The amp has not been purchased as of yet as I want to ensure that I've got all my ducks in a roll prior to spending the money on a new amp. This is going to interface with the factory HU and will most likely be nothing more than a 2-Ch amp to push my 6x9 MB Quarts in the rear deck. I might, at a later time, replace the door speakers, but for now baby steps, right.

Should I utilze the high level inputs on the amp itself or purchase a separate inline converter? Also, when installing the amp I am unclear if I will need to access the wiring harness for the remote wire or if there is another option.

Thanks in advance.

Razorbacx

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  

razorbacx wrote:
Should I utilze the high level inputs on the amp itself or purchase a separate inline converter?

Six of one, half dozen of another.

razorbacx wrote:
This is going to interface with the factory HU and will most likely be nothing more than a 2-Ch amp to push my 6x9 MB Quarts in the rear deck. I might, at a later time, replace the door speakers, but for now baby steps, right.

This really is a bizarre order for upgrades, will probably not give you very good results, and is not a very efficient use of money..  particularly if you plan on more equipment later. 

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
razorbacx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Sedate, I appreciate the response, however I am at this moment just interested in adding an amp to run my 6x9's . My plan is to continue to use the factory door speakers until which time I can replace them with something better. I need a quick fix to improve the sound quality in my car as I am about to increase my commute time by another 30 minutes and will deal with future upgrades at a later time.

So, using the amplifier's builtin HPF will work the same as if I purchased an inline converter? That does simplify the installation, but what about the remote wire? Will I still need to access the factory wiring harness and splice into it or is there another option? Does anyone know of any on-line "How To" guides that I can utilize to remove, if need be, the HU bezel and any other hardware/components to access the wiring harness?

Thanks,

Razorbacx

soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
just use an ignition wire for amp turn on
razorbacx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Would accessing the fuse box and splicing a remote wire to the "RADIO" fuse section work?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic