icon

convert negative trigger to positive

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yz04 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Ford Focus 4 door sedan. I recently installed a Scytek Galaxy 5000 RS alarm. Everything seems to work perfectly, but I believe that my negative door trigger wire is defective (I have already posted on my trigger wire problem, to no avail). Is there any way I could convert the negative signal coming from my car into the positive input that my RS can understand? Posssibly with relay?
In case any of you didn't see my last post, to sum it up my negative door trigger always rests at ground with my negative door wires, whether the door is open or not. I have all four doors isolated with diodes already, and it "used to work" with my old alarm.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

it always rests at ground wether the door is open or not???? the only possibe setup you can have is the wire going from 12v to 0 or 0 to 12v with the door open then closed....is the instrument cluster showing there is door open? and or is the scytek galaxy giving you an error that a door is open?

yz04 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
My status LED won't turn off, that's one of my clues.   
I had an older astra alarm on my car hooked up to the same door triggers/trigger isolates, and the LED would turn off when I would close my doors. This time it isn't doing that
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
well when the led wont turn off it usually means that it thinks that a door is open,,,,if you have a negative trigger alarm wire and you connect it to the wire that always has negative then it will not arm.  remember what i stated ealier..when you open that door that wire either should go from 12v to 0 or 0 to 12v with the multimeter connected.
yz04 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
It's so strange though, I had it working on my previous alarm. I went to the wiring module (GEM) behind my glovebox, and I tapped the four door trigger wires there. Actually I don't have a multimeter, but I had the instructions for hooking up/locating the wires for my particular car. If that's not enough, I even bought a factory shop manual with all the wiring diagrams for my model year Focus. It even briefly describes what each wire going into each connector is for!
Maybe I'll FINALLY invest in a multimeter later today :D
yz04 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
OH and I even connected my four triggers/isolates to my trunk trigger just as a test, and my status LED would turn off when I would close my door(s)
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
You have to....never connect without testing...lucky that you didnt connec an output from an alarm to a wire that wasnt the wire that you needed.  For the 2004 ford focus, The LF door is BLACK / YELLOW in the tan plug, pin 22.  The RF door is BLACK/ blue in the tan plug, pin 21.  The LR door is BLACK/ orange in the green plug, pin 15.  The RR door is BLACK/ green in the gray plug, pin 18.  Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
The GEM is above the passenger kick panel. and by the way how did you tap with the diodes.... the diodes must be connected a certain way.  it cannot be inversed..
yz04 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have the stripes on the car side of the diode (facing away from alarm).
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
get a dmm. its a must for an installer....thats the only way to know for sure if you connected it right or not.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Comment on  above. In Uk Ford are using same colour for multiple functions, TEST!! Also diode between CPU, band away from CPU (Gem) towards alarm otherwise sleeper circuit when it wakes up will send a pulse towards (checking) door contacts that will trigger some alarms.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic