icon

dei satellite remote start module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
badfishlbc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
I've got a Viper 771XV I bought off eBay. I've been installing alarms for years... The remote start satellite relay module has a screwed up ignition sense wire. I wired up a jumper wire between it and my ignition wire. That lets me remote start but it's kinda buggy and I don't want to go through the details.
Anyhow, since I bought it off eBay, slim chances of DEI replacing it right?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
not very likely, go to a shop that may have spare  parts ...highly doubt DEI will help unless your an authorized dealer...Either way the will refer to you to the  place that installed it(their dealer which is why I dont think it will help).
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
is it the relay pack that it is messed up or the main unit. if it is the relay pack just use the ignition wire off the ribbon harness to power up a relay.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

you said : screwed up ignition sense wire

By this do you mean that you don't have an idea how it's supposed to work?

Large guage pink (not pink/white) goes to a true ignition (not acc). When you turn the ignition on via the key, it sends ignition down the yellow wire towards the main brain. When you remote start, the ignition relay activates and thereby opening the small yellow ribbon harness ignition wire like magic.

Is this what you metered?

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
badfishlbc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:

you said : screwed up ignition sense wire

By this do you mean that you don't have an idea how it's supposed to work?

Large guage pink (not pink/white) goes to a true ignition (not acc). When you turn the ignition on via the key, it sends ignition down the yellow wire towards the main brain. When you remote start, the ignition relay activates and thereby opening the small yellow ribbon harness ignition wire like magic.

Is this what you metered?

Hi, thanks for the reply. This was something I band-aided over a year ago so my memory's a little rusty.
After a few months of working perfectly, the car didn't remote start anymore. I think it just continued to crank, I forget now. But whatever the symptom was, the issue was that the little yellow wire on the ribbon to the satellite relay module did not have 12v. So I patched over a cable that ran from the thick yellow ignition wire at the brain to the ribbon cable. This allowed me to remote start again but it's a little quirky with the disarm sequence after remote start.
I just want to replace that whole satellite relay module now. I bought the alarm and installed it myself because I don't trust any of the Mickey Mouse shops here to do a quality job and I had a lot of good luck with DEI reliability in the past. I'm a bit disappointed in the design and quality after installing a few of these units now.
Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the great replies..
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 09, 2007 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

Rather than replacing the relay pack, install an external ignition relay. Here's how:

Pin 86 to +12vdc

Pin 87 to +12vdc ( usually fed by a 30 amp fuse)

Pin 87a to small yellow of ribbon harness

Pin 30 is Ign out to car

Pin 85 to small pink of ribbon harness

Doing so will revert back to OEM.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic