’05 volvo xc90 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
I took in an '05 Volvo XC90 for a remote start and thought I was in pretty good shape for information. I had sheets from DEI, Wiremagic and Audiovox. Boy was I mistaken. Has anybody done one successfully?
The R/S seemed to go in ok but, I couldn't get it to start reliably. It would sometimes crank just not enough to start or sometimes would start. I tried messing with the xponder key, even sticking the key in the ign and got the same result. By the way I was using an AST 1270xr remote starter system.
The other thing I ran into was the parking light wiring or rather lack of one. Every info sheet was telling me either a large yellow wire at the CEM or DEI's sheet telling me it was a white and separate grey wire. I found neither. I couln't even hear a relay click when the switch was turned on. Another note here is that the light switch is multiplexed so no help there. I took out the parking light in the front of the car and found the parking light wire a white. I put 12V on it but only got the parking light I was applying power to light. I think the module in the rear corner of the car was where this connection would have to be made but, being pretty much inaccessable I couln't verify this.
Anybody's input would be appreciated here. I have done hundred's of R/S but this one really got to me. Of course coupled with limited time lots of quetions have gone though my head but the car is gone with lots of my time spent and no cash in my pocket.
Thanks
Jon
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
I've done a handful of XC90s now, and they're not too bad.
As far as it not starting all the time, I'm not sure about that. I've always used the valet key, in an Audivox AS-TCBM bypass module, with no problems. The ring does have to be put pretty snug around the key cylinder, though.
As for the parking lights, I don't bother. The parking lights come on whenever the engine is running. Also, the hazards will flash when you lock with the aftermarket remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic