icon

chrysler key lock out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone else heard about some dodge/chrysler vehicles having been locked out to where you cant program extra keys or in our case bypass modules for remote start? i have had repeated problems with programming 556c's from DEI and have been told be DEI that the dealer can lock you out from programming extra keys. anyone know anything on this?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
On certain Chrysler vehicles this is true. It applies to a certain production run of select vehicles. The dealers can usually fix the problem if the vehicle is under warranty. The issue is actually listed in the tech question area for www.bypasskit.com. As far as I am aware it only affected certain SUVs.
sparky
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2007 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
thanks.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2007 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
This problem occurred on some durangos made before May of 04. Its not a recall item, but dealerships will do the repair for free if you request it. Check the date when you work on these cars. The car will not read the keys you code into it, but it will ruin the module you use.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2007 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Dealers can NOT lock out from customer coding their own keys in any Daimler-Chrysler product, however on the 04 durangos you can not code a key without the keyless entry build in to it (called a SKIM key) you can only code the integrated keys (called a SKREEM key) unless the wireless control module (WCM) has been updated.  This problem was corrected in all models with a production date of 06/04 or later.  
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
that just goes to shoe DEI tech support is useless...thanks for the info, i was actually dealing with a pacifica and a sebring, had the problem with both...
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
depends, are you a DEI dealer? and with the pacifica you can read a post on the 556c mentioning that sometimes the pelet breaks inside  in which you must solder it back together...just go to search and type 556c and you'll see what im talking about.  That could be why it wont program.
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
yep, im a dealer. it seems sometimes they want to help and sometimes they dont feel like it. im aware of the pelet breaking, that isnt the issue im having, but thanks though.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Have you done pacificas with the 556c before or is this the first time?
advancedautosec 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2007 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
be honest, ive been doing installs for almost 10 years, ive done hundreds of cars and i cannot get the 556c to work consistently. i tried on two pacificas and couldnt get it to program. i tried on a jeep commander and it took alot of work but i got it to work, it seems like hit or miss. maybe im doing something wrong but i follow the directions to a T.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic