Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  

Alarm: (Code Alarm) CA-330

Vehicle: 07 Toyota Rav4

The alarm was installed and was working fine. The dealership decided to use that vehicle as a 'dealer trade' and during dealer trades, they always remove the alarm. So one of the sales people at the dealership I work at brings the car to one of my co-workers to have the alarm removed. All he did was unplug the alarm system, and plug in this little cover or cap to re-connect the starter (Standard process) wire and when the salesman tried to start it up it wouldnt crank. I tried putting the alarm back in and had no luck. I then tested all the ignition wires, and they werent getting any power (The red, blue, and yellow were the only wires used from the ignition harness). I double checked all the fuses and they were all fine.

The vehicle is scheduled to leave the dealership tomoorow. The only thing I can think of what to do next is to check the voltage from the battery. Any other suggestions?

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
Check the starter wire while turning the key to start. For the limited info you and i know, I will make some assumptions.
-if the starter doesnt get 12vdc at ignition harness, then check fuses if you accidentally bridged the starter wire the wrong way.
-it seems like its a protocol for the removal, but youll need a DMM to check the wirings.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
I would start out by checking the 12vdc constant wire in the ignition harness.  It should, obviously, read 12vdc at all times.  If it doesn't you need to figure out why.  Typically, these are big fuses (50-100A) and are near the battery.  Check all the fuses with a meter, don't do visual inspecions.
Kevin Pierson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic