the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

vehicle check in list

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone BESIDES US have the problem with customers telling you the "my this", or the "my that" doesn't work anymore?

I have never needed a check in sheet, (self employment was great) but it appears in the new shop I'm working in.....we do!        "customers" vehicle check in list -- posted image.

If anyone might have some sort of template, or at least some good suggestions as to what might be needed on said sheet?

I would greatly appreciate ANY help.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2007 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Oh man, do i miss working in a shop! Used to get that all the time. We used 2 people to check in every car. Brakes( including third) park lights,head lights, left signal ,right signal,hazards and reverse lights. Walk the outside and check for any damage. Then we would go through car and check out every button or function we could, including the lighter. Then, obviously have the customer sign off on any problems. But man, it saved us so many different occasions, in fact it saved us in a lawsuit. Unfortunately, i don't  have the template anymore, since it's been a few years since i worked in a shop.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Check in list will save your butt big time! Just make one up, and think of everything that people try to get away with. I've had retail, and dealers try to screw me [esp used car sales]. all I do is whip out the sheet and send them on their way. I've had people come back over 6 months after the install and accuse me of scraches and such. Everyone is trying to get away with something it seems....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
my buddy has one where he works,.  shoot me your email via pm and i will forward it to you.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys..... this will help smooth things a bit........ (I hope)
tonyberg 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
There was one in the old MECP book, the one it was like blue or green before the version thats out now, we used that at our shop, only thing we added was a before and after check list.....we checked it before we worked on it and once we were done, so we'd know if we caused the problem
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
The advanced MECP book has a check in sheet.  You can customize it with the before and after check out
KarTuneMan 
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Funny you should say that...I dug out my book (the silver/blue one, it's old!) one of the last pages in the guide. "Installer check out sheet"
advancedautosec 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
every car i do ESPECIALLY if its not brand new, i check everything, ask the customer if they are aware of it before i touch it, then have them sign off on it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic