icon

powered subwoofers opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
garretcar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone had any experience or have any opinions otherwise on these two powered subs?

Blaupunkt THB210A

MTX X Thunderlink
The Blaupunkt is an 8" ported sub, and the MTX is a 10" passive radiator type sub.  I'm looking to buy one of them to replace the Infinity Basslink that I had.  The Basslink I had was great for the sound I needed, but it only lasted about 15months before the amp died, so I'm hesitant to go with Infinity again for reliability issues.  The compact size and ease of installation are big pluses for me, so I really want to find the best compact powered sub that I can.  Thanks much for any help/suggestions.

jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
When I first saw this topic I actually thought of the Basslink as a good suggestion, just b/c of the 4ch amp you can add.
Since getting my Boston Acoustics G5 and GTR, i'm a huge fan of PR's.
IMO I would go with the MTX. I don't much care for Blaupunkt anyhow.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I have a friend of mine with the Thunderlink in his Mini Cooper .. He loves it, sounds great.
However, if you do want to upgrade the mids/highs in your ride, as previously stated the BassLink from Infinity is awesome with the capability of the 4-ch amp addition.
garretcar 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

I did have the Basslink, and I did love the sound.  But, it only lasted 15 months.  At 3 months out of warranty, it died on me.   I never abused it or overworked it at all.  Now the servo led is constantly lit, and the unit will not respond at all.  I worry about getting another Basslink since this one died so quickly.  I already have an external amp anyway, so I'm not worried about upgrading anything but the sub.  I've seen other posts on other forums about the Basslink going a little too quickly as well.  That's why I'm looking hard at MTX now.  Thank for the replies.   

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I work with a guy who has a basslink as well, and his died to, luckily his was still under warranty and he got it fixed. So yeah, I would agree on staying away from that again. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic