icon

projector headlight housing and hid kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bballguy162006 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all, I have a question that I think everybody with aftermarket HID headlights will be interested in:

Fist off I have been considering putting an aftermarket HID kit in my car but I have heard bad things about the glare that it produces because the stock headlight housing is not designed for it (reflective design).  I have also been looking at factory headlight housings that come with HID headlights and they look like they are simply projector style headlights with HIDs.  Does anybody know if this is true?   If so, is it possible to get aftermarket projector headlights along with the HID kit and have a "Safe" aftermarket lighting solution?

bballguy162006 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Is this a stupid question?  Or is there just nobody that knows the answer.   Please let me
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know if this helps but I have a Scion xB with projector headlights, and I bought a set of HID's and put them in and they are fine. the light dispersion is a little funky but ALOT better then the stock lighting the projector came with. 

so it might make a difference what projector housing you use but you should be alright as long as you use a projector.

bballguy162006 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, thanks man.   Anybody else have a similar experience?
joker2 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2007 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
It all depends on the car. I don't how much you know about cars but I installed some in a Dodge Caliber which has a very sharp beam cut off, I was gettin flashed all  the time even with factory halogens. I then put some in an 07 Pontiac Torrent which sits a lot higher and I have not been flashed once

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic