icon

infinity speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coreyo 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
How would a set of component 6.5  Infinitys and a pair of 6x9 Infinity's sound running off a Kicker 350.4 amp?
05pontiac
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Probably decent if you like the sound of the Infinity speakers.  Have you listened to them?
Support the12volt.com
coreyo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, they sound pretty good this year. I'm upgrading from a 10 year old pair of Infinity 6x9's and some 4 year old 6.5 in the doors. This should sound alot better right?
05pontiac
sqsq 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

Im personally not a big fan of the infinity speakers or kicker amps for highs and mids.  The infinity's are a weird combination of being bright, but not detailed.  They sound somewhat shrill and the highs are overly-pronounced, but again, lack clarity and detail (the worst of both worlds).  The kicker amps will give you a good amount of volume, but won't really deliver sound quality.  For basically the same price you could get Polk DB components, Polk 6X9's and an Eclipse 4 channel.  This would not only sound much much better than your current set-up but markedly better than the set-up you're considering.

coreyo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
How would some Memphis Power Reference speakers put out for sound quality compared to the Infinitys?
05pontiac
krazykustoms 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
Get the infinity's off your brain for just a minute. You're asking for help picking speakers so listen to what people are telling you. You want sound quality? Go with Eclipse, you can't go wrong. The SQ is great. I have two Eclipse SW8200s and I have a set of the Eclipse SC8365 and I will never buy anything else ever again. The SQ of these speakers are second to none (in my opinion of course). They are great for just about any type of music. I like anything from heavy metal to hardcore rap and the speakers sound great with it all. So go out and find a shop that sells Eclipse and go listen to them. You'll be impressed I guarantee you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic