icon

sound deadener, dynamat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't mean to only use foam.  I don't think that's going to really cut down a whole lot on vibrations and rattles.  Never tried it with just foam though so I don't know.  Open cell foam is probably pretty bad idea too.  If it absorbs water I would try to keep it out of your car as much as possible.
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2007 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
{TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" UNABLE="on"}{T}{TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%"}{TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"}If you have the money i would def. go with the dynamat. You can pick it up at a local shop with HUGE amounts of markup on it or you can def find it online for a better price. im not a big fan at buying things online but in this case its one of those things your not going to return and there isnt going to be a defect so why not. I have two of the bulk kits in my truck and it covered everything. All 4 doors the roof and floor with one nice layer. I have seen some that do more then that and its one of those things the more there is the better it works. Just watch weight the stuff is heavy and if you care about weight it adds up fast. as far as the great stuff and other things you can pick up at a hardware store, you can find uses for them in a car because sometimes there are places that rattle that dynamat just isnt going to work on. So i would say first dynamat then get creative with the rest. Rattles are just things that will take time and patience but they can be worked out. {/TD}{/TR}{TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1"}{TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on"}{DIV id=hotbar_promo}{/DIV}{/TD}{/TR}{/T}{/TABLE}{div style="width:240px;border-bottom:1px solid #eeeeee;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:0px;"}{/div}{span style="font-size:.70em;line-height:1.2em;color:#000000;"}2007 Acura TSX {BR /}SQ setup in the works{/span}
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2007 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

I personally don't like paying for a name when there are other quality products out there to have for less.  Do not get the dynamat original because that is still asphalt based and way overpriced.  Check out this link: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

There's probably improvements and changes in products since that article but it has some good info.  RAAMaat worked great for me and the customer service was good as well.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic