icon

crazy speaker wiring problem need advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evo2tsi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have a 98 eagle talon tsi. i bought it used a few months ago and ive been slowly fixing all the problems with it. im down to fixing the audio problems now. here is my problem.

when you set the fader on the cd deck  to full front speakers the right rear speaker still puts out sound. when you set the fader to full rear speakers the left front still puts out sound. things ive done so far to try to fix the problem are replace the reciever (the old one was a pos anyway) with a eclipse cd3100. i also checked all the wiring at the harness inside the dash with the wiring diagram i got from my all-data pc at work.

so im guessing somewhere in the wire harness inside the dash somewhere there is a wire touching another wire. does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing this problem? also am i looking for both the neg. and the pos. wires to be touching at the same time to cause this kind of problem, or could it just be the pos. wire touching and causing this problem meanwhile the neg. wires for the 2 speakers are fine?

thanks for your time and help.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I say run new speaker wires and be done with it.
Support the12volt.com
evo2tsi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

yeah i was going to do that as a last resort but ide rather figure out the problem and fix it if i can. thanks for the help tho.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic