icon

astrostart 2205a problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
michael213 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
I had the astrostart 2205a put into a cady 94 seville and it worked excellent. Now i am having issues with well all of it. won't start, lock or unlock or anything. I have no manual and the manual online didn't really inform me at all. is there a reset button on it; or can i reprogram it. I am new to this forum forgive me if i ask to much. thanks and any answers will be appreciated.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

Check the reciever on the glass. if it's not "plugged in" the unit will not respond at all.

Have you recently jump started, or had the battery replaced inb the car? Also, look for the on/off switch. It's a simple toggle switchg.

If none of this gets you anywhere, try re-learning the transmitter. Find the brain, put switch #8 up, hit the brake pedal, push any of the buttons on EACH remote you have. Put #8 down into it's original position, hit the brake, then try to loc or unlock the car.

michael213 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

had the battery disconnected once, the remote start works in that the car responds but it doesn't start. The car turns on and wants to start, yet nothing really happens. the lock and unlock kinda work in that the lock works but not the unlock, also i did have an alternator problem and then after i got that fixed is when all these problems started. Is it possible to to just restart or relearn the main bored and if so how do i do that/ Thanks for the reply

michael213 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
The #8 pin reset worked, except now when you remote start the doors automaticaly unlock. Not a huge deal but just doesn't seem right. Is there any body who has an install manual for this device?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

So....as soon as you push the start button, the locks unlock, it starts, then runs but does no relock, correct?

Try this: no key on etc. put 3,4, and 7 up, hit the brake. after the led flashes 12 times, put the 3,4,and 7 down, and hit the brake. NO TRY rmote starting. This should relock the doors.

pm me your email address, I'll try and email you a manual. Where did you get the astro start?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic