icon

new alpine pdx amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
But if you don't have a reciept from an authorized Alpine dealer, who is going to service the amp?
There is no such thing as free installation!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Square Trade is an on-line warranty company who specialize in offering warranties for EBay items.  You can purchase extended warranties from them for nearly anything but I have no idea how they deal with actually paying to repair or service a piece of gear.  Good luck with that.

Support the12volt.com
smarterchild12 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
well the company i bought it from, national audio wholesale, is an authorized alpine dealer (according to their comapny profile). i emailed them and they said any defective product that is warrantied either under the manufacturer or by Square Trade, should be sent to them for repair. the cost will be paid for by one of the two. and if square trade gives me a problem, i'll file a dispute and take legal action until it gets resolved. i mean, if they claim something and dont fulfill, thats not right.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
I sincerely doubt they are an authorized dealer because Alpine doesn't allow internet sales are advertising below MAP pricing, both of which they are doing. Let me know their address and I'll tell you if they are, infact, a dealer.
There is no such thing as free installation!
smarterchild12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

well i dont have the address offhand...i threw the boxes away that the equipment came in.

but square trade should cover it if anyting goes wrong, authorized dealer or not. if the company is not an authorized retailer, square trade should know that or else they wouldnt have offered and then granted me the warranty. hopefully, everything will be ok and i wont need the warranty.

snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
hey smart, beleave me, even if you are still a million % positive that you are going to be taken care if anything should happen to your amp, you should still make sure you kept everything related to the transaction including boxes, packaging, and anything they sent to you, that way if your amp does break they cant say you dont have the org box still, or we never said we will cover you, this is just to be carefull......
smarterchild12 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

well i still have the original packaging of the amp, just not the UPS box it came in.

anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread. the pdx amps are great and i highly recommend them..just my 2 cents. they are a little pricey, but if your budget allows for it, i say go for it.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic