Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

thank you very very much, it worked just fine

i realy appreciate your help

thnx again :)

peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

you're very welcome -- congrats.

The search function is your friend.
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hold up. I have the exact alarm system as you do which also came with the start kill keypad. I did not install mine because I had no clue how to install it. My only question is how exactly do they work? I mean, lets say you want to remote start the car, your able to do that, but once you get in the car you must put in the code before turning the key to end remote start correct?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
No because the starter has already been bypassed because the keypad interrupts the starter only.  Giving it the right code "reconnect" the starter.  During a remote start all you do is a key take over.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
im lost. Let me see if I understand this. Since the car is RS'ed, I dont need to put in the code before I turn the key to stop RS?
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

that's correct --> once you've rs'd the car, you don't need to mess with the keypad again.

If you do NOT remote start the car, you need to 1) disarm the alarm, and 2) put in the 4-digit code, 3) use your key to start the vehicle.

jojo1212 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

enice is right, if u remote started your car the keypad kill would be bypassed

then u just enter the car and put the key in to start or ignition position then drive

if you dont put the key and u depress the brake the engine will shut off(there is a cable for the brake wire)

audioman2007, this is my first time to install a car alarm,, my car is vw golf 95

it took me some time about 6  straight hours of work to get it all done

but once i knew all the wire and all the functions of it, i took it out again (including everythin)

to check the keypad starter kill wires which we talked about in this thread

and to install it back it only took me 2 hours

thnx yall and specialy peterubers :)

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
I went and installed my one and only car alarm in my own car last summer. After my lady bought the same car as mine (same as in color but different year  mine 02 cavalier  hers 04), I liked the alarm that was in her car. Since she bought it used from a dealership, they knew nothing about the alarm. So since she did not have a manual for the alarm, I had to look online and try and get one for her. Finally after about a month I found one and figured out that her alarm was the skytec 5100RS. So I went and bought the asianwolf8000RS. My installation took 3 days (went slow and made sure I did not mess up) and I got everything right on the first try. I actually cheated though and used her car as a guide. My bypass module is different brand than hers though. Anyways, with my alarm I got the keypad starter kill but had no clue how to install it. I am not even sure I want to install it. Since my car has passlock 2, do I really need the starter kill?
peterubers 
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I guess it just depends on how aggressive you want to be about theft-deterrence with your Cav.  Also, do you live in an area with high auto theft rate?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Well I live 12 miles outside a city that has high auto theft. But I refuse to drive my car in the city.  I havent had a problem with anyone trying to break into my car.  So I guess  I dont need to put it in. Plus it would be a pain in the butt to get used to.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic