icon

Power Door Lock Issue, 2003 Nissan Xterra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Prophit 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
sorry to second post but i hit post to fast.. and i now notice there is no current through the GREEN / WHITE wire.. so i think i might have shorted it somewhere.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

These are the color wires I have for my Xterra diagram (2003):

POWER LOCK YELLOW (TYPE B)  @ SECU, See NOTE *2   
 POWER UNLOCK YELLOW/RED (TYPE B) (Requires Double Pulse)  @ SECU, See NOTE *2

If there was 12 volts in a GREEN / WHITE wire at the SECU and there is now NO voltage in that wire, it's the best news you can give yourself.  It basically means you grounded that wire (with the negative -500mA) charge from the unlock wire of your alarm brain, and it blew the fuse that supplies the power to that green-white wire.  Therefore, you are still missing a fuse.  I really wish I could see that EWD b/c I could solve this for you in 5 minutes b/c I've been in this situation before.

Places to look -- lower dashboard fuse box -- sometimes there is a passenger side fusebox...

Better yet:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-manual/pdf/2003-Nissan-Xterra.pdf

page 8-7 (fuse box in the engine compartment)

page 8-31 passenger fuse box

Is there anything else electrical in the car that is NOT working?  Frequently one fuse in the engine bay will control several things, i.e. dome light, parts of the SECU and keyless entry, etc.  If you can find anything else that isn't working, you can push back in the circuitry (i.e. go closer to the battery) the location of a blown fuse.  If it is Just isolated to the lock/unlock, then it's closer to the interior fuses.

The search function is your friend.
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

Oh .. i see what you did -- you tied in the GREEN/ blue wires to the LOCK AND UNLOCK MOTOR WIRES (GREEN / WHITE )--

these wires are used in a 5-wire lock/unlock wiring scheme -- you weren't supposed to use these (obviously, right?) You have a type B locking system so you were supposed to use the yellow and yellow/red wires as above.

Basically, I am reaffirming that there is a blown fuse somewhere

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Well im at work right now but im having my wife go to autozone to get the diagram for free. Also see if she can use her charm and get one of the guys there to take a look at it.. lol

peterubers 
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
which fuse was blown (that you had stated you changed, earlier) by the way? (amperage? location (lower dash vs. engine bay)
Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

it was a 15a in the engine bay. Im trying to remember the name of it but cant. It was like a power spare one.

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
ok my wife just went to autozone. They claim its a relay that went bad. Funny part is none of them could find where it went. I asked her to get the diagram and like normal she forgot. Im still trying to find one for free but i might just have to give in and buy one. She didnt get the damn diagram to troubleshoot.
peterubers 
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

It's either a fuse or a transistor in the SECU ...  if you end up investing in the tradbit.com or nissantechinfo.com servicemanual .. lemme know and I'd be happy to trace it back for you.

I don't think it's a relay if you're hearing the relay clicking when you press the lock/unlock button on the door (driver's and passenger's door).  Also, if you hear a clicking sound when you use the factory keyfob, then it is also likely not a relay.

You grounded a 12 volt wire, so a fuse has to be out somewhere, and/or a breach in the SECU.

What relay were they going to sell her from autozone?? The power locking control relay is built into the secu/fusebox i believe.

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

ok i found the diagram. Here is the whole service manual

http://www.evlempire.net/alarm/2003_xterra.rar

Now its states that in the fuse box in the engine bay its fuse F. I have checked this 40A fuse and works fine. Then in the fuse box in the truck on the driver side it says fuse 28. I changed that one today and still nothing. Now i see that maybe either the circuit breaker ( which i cant find) or i fried something.

peterubers 
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

Well done on the diagram! (i'm referring to page 18/72 of the bt.pdf file)..

40A -- try replacing it

7.5A -- #28 -- you replaced it already...

...the circuit breaker ---  it's identified as connector M12 ... however, the *.rar file is missing some elements of the manual (section PG -- power, circuit elements, etc) -- if you can locate that circuit breaker, that would be your best bet.

Also, if you go through the algorithm of the Power Locks section of checking all the power terminals and verifying their voltages . you can help identify based on their (nissan's) algorithm where the break in power is.  It'll take about 1 hour but it'll be worth it.

Worst case scenario -- you fried the SECU -- it's $250.00 online (approx) --

The funny thing too, is the the (terminall 55) GREEN / WHITE wire that goes to the door lock actuator (front driver's door) is a grounding wire, and it usually has 0-12volts going through it (a relay in the SECU must switch it over to ground internally and this then locks/unlocks the doors).  Lemme know if you can find that circuit breaker, and try going through that algorithm.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic