the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper hv350 sensitivity setting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ra0062 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Is there an easy way to adjust the sensitivity? I had my alarm installed at a shop, and they are to busy to get to me right away.
Is it a major task?
I was just a little surprised that I could throw a bunch of heavy stuff in the back of my truck and slam the tailgate and the alarm didn't do anything.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Trucks have less sensitivity at the rear because the bed is isolated frof the cab.You need to get to the brain of the alarm the sensitivity screw is on it ,i would  take it to the shop and let them adjust it they are more experienced.viper hv350 sensitivity setting - Last Post -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
yea, ringojam is right about the bed not sending that much impact to the cab.
But the 350HV has a brain with built in shocksensor. And it has another port for extra sensor, get another shock sensor if you want. (i recommend the microwave sensor instead, works better too)
Anyways, find the brain and turn the turning knob (there is only one) to the right to increase sensitivity, left to decrease.
Not sure if you can find the brain, you might have to take out the dash.
Or call your installer to see where he mounted the brain.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2007 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
just keep in mind, that when you turn up the sensitivity to detect an impact in the bed, it's gonna increase the sensitivity in the cab. If someone looks at your truck wrong, it's gonna go off. I would definately add  some kind of sensor to the rear as already mentioned.......micro, pin, magnetic, mercury...rather than turn up the sensitivity.
ra0062 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help and yes adding a sensor sounds like what I should do. I can tap on the hood a few times, and it warn chirps now. So it would be ridicules to turn up the sensitivity anymore. Wasn't even thinking about adding a sensor. Didn't even look at the brain before they installed it, didn't know I had other inputs. I was intimidated by installing it myself.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Its actually not another input, it is something you have to buy extra.
Called mircowaver sensor (dei version is 508d)
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
1. To help you find the brain, operate the lock/unlock buttons on the alarm remote......the relay inside the brain will make clicking sounds.......maybe you can find it easily.
2. If you are going to increase the sensitivity, I would simply raise it, say, 1/8 turn every day, wait until you start getting false alarms, and then back down a bit.
ra0062 
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
If I do add a dei version 508d, where would be a good location in or under the bed? I do have a fiberglass cover thats watertight.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic