icon

Looking for new sub!!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Wantofok 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hy everyone, I was looking for some opinions and what I should get for a new sub. I currently have a '12 polk momo. I've kind of had my eyes on a IDmax or an Inhuman(beyond audio). Looking for a best cross between spl and sq. Thanks to all in advanceLooking for new sub!!! - Last Post -- posted image.
kadman23 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

Im kinda new to the car audio seen and dont know much about it but the basics so if you could explain something to me that would be great.  Can you explain the differance between, spl, and sq, to me???    and what are the best kind of subs for both thump and music??   Looking for new sub!!! - Last Post -- posted image.

I currently have a 88 ford tempo that i have made some modifications on.

I have a 60watt road gear head unit and it is hooked up to 2 4 inch factory speakers in the front doors, and a 600 watt jensen amp hooked up to a pair of  10"boss american subs, i removed the rear 6x9s and replaced them with the 2 10" subs and it hits pretty good but i still want more thump......  any suggestions?????????????????

Thanks for all your help

Kadman   
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

IDMaxs are great...so are the Beyonds subs, but I dont think they are as musical as the Maxs...Brahmas are good subs, clean and loud, Crystal CMPXs, JL W7s, all are great and I think any will accomplish what you want...

what size and how many subs, and how much power do you have to throw at them?

kadman23 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
right now i have a 4 channel 600 watt jensen amp pushing one jensen xs bass sub, it hits pretty good for a cheap ass system, like 250$ worth of system total but i want to have more thump and just shake the shi* out of my car, i may have another 600 watt amp available, just wondering what sub, or subs u suggest!!!!!!!
Thanks
wrencher_25 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
Can't go wrong with Rockford Fosgate or a Kicker in my opinion. How much $$$ were you looking to spend?
Andrew Weitzel
MECP First Class Installer
markwilliams 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

JL makes the best subs no questions :)

tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I like JL's too, but i'd take my Diamond Audios over a JL anyday. To Kadman, sq is sound quality, spl is sound pressure level, basically the higher the spl the more your head is gonna be hurting!!
premieravp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Kove Audio Armegaddon subs are awesome. So are Hart Professional Square subs. I also like the Audiobahn subs if you go with Flame Q or above.
premieravp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2003 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Kove Audio Armegaddon subs are awesome. So are Hart Professional Square subs. I also like the Audiobahn subs if you go with Flame Q or above.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic