icon

eclipse 54420

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kamberkash 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
i am thinking of purchasing this cd player from a friend of a friend (yeah, i know), and i was wondering if anyone knew if this head unit requires an "unlock" cd? i know some of the newer eclipse hu's need this cd but i am not sure about this one. the guy doesnt have a cd and cant recall if it ever needed one, but i want to make sure befor i purchase it so i dont end up with a cd player that wont do anything! it was manufactured in 2000 if that helps.  also if it does require an unlock  cd does anyone know where i can get one? any info would greatly be appreciated.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
If an "unlock" CD was programmed into it, it needs it. Since it is an optional thing, it might be required, might not. If you buy it, and install it, and it doesn't operate, you need one.
Smart@$$ answer, I know, but that's the way the ESN works.
Oh, and by the way, you cant just "get one". The ESN is designed for the PROPER owner of the unit to be able to choose HIS OWN CD. His will be different than mine. And NO, you can't use a copy of the key CD, I've tried, it must be the original. Keep in mind, also, you only get 5 tries, and then you have to send it to Eclipse for unlocking, and they WON'T do it without the original purchase receipt, and even WITH the receipt, I think its around eighty bux to unlock it.
Pretty good system, huh? I like it! eclipse 54420 -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kamberkash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
so does the hu come from the factory already programmed for a key cd or do you HAVE to program one in there?
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
If an "unlock" CD was programmed into it, it needs it. Since it is an optional thing, it might be required, might not. If you buy it, and install it, and it doesn't operate, you need one.
Smart@$$ answer, I know, but that's the way the ESN works.
Oh, and by the way, you cant just "get one". The ESN is designed for the PROPER owner of the unit to be able to choose HIS OWN CD. His will be different than mine. And NO, you can't use a copy of the key CD, I've tried, it must be the original. Keep in mind, also, you only get 5 tries, and then you have to send it to Eclipse for unlocking, and they WON'T do it without the original purchase receipt, and even WITH the receipt, I think its around eighty bux to unlock it.
Pretty good system, huh? I like it! eclipse 54420 -- posted image.
Or was I just listening to myself?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kamberkash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

now i know with all of the electronics experiance in this forum, someone knows how to unlock the hu without having to send it to eclipse. am i right or am i just hopefully wishing for water in hell? if anyone knows how, please inform me.

haemphyst 
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Water in hell...
OK, it's starting to sound like you didn't actually buy or are NOT actually going to buy one of these, you have somehow gotten ahold of one in it's locked state.
If this is the case:
1: You CAN'T unlock it without sending it to Eclipse, and,
2: Even if any member here DID know how to unlock it, (which, as I have said, you CAN'T) it is against forum rules to ask for or provide such information... Here they are, in case you missed them when you signed up, and the part I am specifically referring to is this part, right here:
the12volt wrote:
Any post containing any information that may be considered a violation of law or lead to an unlawful act in the United States of America such as injuring or killing someone or aiding in theft may be deleted and your membership may be suspended without notice. This includes bypassing head unit lockout codes, video bypass procedures, automatic transmission remote start units in manual transmission vehicles, etc.
I am NOT, in ANY WAY, saying you are "aiding in theft", but the information you are asking for could certainly be construed as a use for such. In this case, you're not going to get any more help than I have already provided to you. You're just not.
Maybe I was just listening to myself...
kamberkash 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

ok, just to clear things up, i am in fact NOT "aiding in theft" (i do realize you aren't saying i am), and i did actually decide to buy this unit off of my friend , hoping that you guys could help me out a little, which is why i am trying so hard to find out a way to unlock it.  i have not received it yet (it is still on its way to my house,as my friend has moved to another state) and dont actually know if its locked or not. i just wanted  to know how to unlock it just in case it IS locked.   finding the original receipt for a 6-year-old unit is very hard to do! 

haemphyst, you said a duplicate cd will not work, so i am assuming you have been through this situation before. i am just curious if you actually contacted eclipse in your situation, and how hard were they to deal with. if this becomes too much of a hassle, i will more than likely try and work out something with my friend for a refund.

dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yea that is why I like Eclipse some dumb fool broke into my wife's Honda CRV and took her head unit and all they got was a paper weight! I would of liked to see there face when it did not work for them! It dose not pay to steal a Eclipse that has been programed however it dose cost the owner of the vehicle for the dang repair.
haemphyst 
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
I only know a duplicate CD doesn't work, because the manual SAID it wouldn't, so I created a duplicate of my key CD, and tried it. No, it didn't work. I didn't have to call Eclipse, as I still had the original CD to lock/unlock the deck, were it to become necessary.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic