icon

scytek window roll up module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeryl 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to install a scytek window roll up module. my alarm gives a negative trigger to activate the scytek. I only get a negative pulse from the scytek to the window motor. How do i hook up a relay for that it can hold the power to actually roll up the window???
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
First off what alarm do you have and what model is the window module? Also what vehicle are you putting this into?
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
my vehicle is a 1997 nissan sentra and the alarm is a ht800d and the window module is a syctek accwr-8-4
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
You should get a positive pulse from the module to the window motor. The only wires on the module that are negative are the gound (ohcource) and the activation wire (acc). But if your module does give off negative polarity, then you need to wire a relay to convert polarity. To do that simply run the wire from the module to pin 85. Run fused 12+ to both pin's 30 and 86. Run pin 87 to your motor/switch. Hope this helps.
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
i get a positive pulse from the window module but its not constant only a 2 second positive pulse... i cut the switch wire to the motor and to the switch in half like a starter kill but the window doesnt move... my negative trigger wire is correct and the positive and ground wire are correct... just a 2 second positive pulse is all i get from the window output wire
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
i know on my alarm  you run the acc wire from the module to one of the channels.  The you have to program that channel to stay powered for however long you want. On mine you can have it work until that button is pressed again  or you can have it timed.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  

iv'e had to program the output on the alarm brain to output for more than 1 second pulse, otherwise the window will not roll up all the way.  I've found that about 7-8 seconds is enough for most vehicles.

Also, if the window rollup module doesn't move the window at all and all the wires are hooked up.  Then you have the wires hooked up wrong.

tgreaves 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Check into one of DEI's smart timed output relay modules.. You can set the amount of time that the relay stays active.. So your 2 second pulse to the relay will make the relay stay enguage for how ever long is needed for the windows to roll themselves up..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic