icon

2004 gmc yukon add apline amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
intdump 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have replaced my headunit, front and rear door speakers, and front tweeters with all Alpine gear and now want to add a few Alpine amps and a subwoofer.
I am not sure how to integrate the amps in with the Bose amp because of the door chime/Onstar issues. Given the components I want to add and my existing system I would appreciate any advice on how to best go about adding the amps and subwoofer. Obviusly I could simply bypass the bose amp but I would prefer to keep the door chime/Onstar.
These forums have been a wealth of great information so I am crossing my fingers that someone will come through for me. Thanks in advance.
The components I want to add are:
-- ALPINE MRV-F345 4 Channel Amp
-- ALPINE MRV-M605 Subwoofer Amp
-- ALPINE SWR-1042D Subwoofer
-- ALPINE Crossover that came with the ALPINE SPR-17LS speakers I have installed
My current system is wired as follows:
HEADUNIT - ALPINE CDA-9857
-- RCA Front ---> AXXESS GMOS-04 DIGITAL INTERFACE ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- RCA Rear ---> AXXESS GMOS-04 DIGITAL INTERFACE ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- RCA Subwoofer - not connected          
-- Red Wire (Ignition) ---> AXXESS GMOS-04 DIGITAL INTERFACE ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- Blue/White Wire (Amp Remote) ---> AXXESS GMOS-04 DIGITAL INTERFACE ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- Orange Wire (Illumination) ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- Yellow Wire (Battery) ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- Black Wire (Ground) ---> FACTORY HARNESS
-- Steering Remote Wire ---> SWI-ALP ---> Steering Wheel
-- AiNet ---> Terk XM Unit
-- iPod ---> iPod Nano
FACTORY HARNESS
> R Front Mid - ALPINE SPR-17LS
R Front ---> BOSE AMP---
> R Front Tweeter - ALPINE SPR-17LS
> L Front Mid - ALPINE SPR-17LS
L Front ---> BOSE AMP---
> L Front Tweeter - ALPINE SPR-17LS
> R Rear Mid - ALPINE SPR-17LP
R Rear ---> BOSE AMP---
> R Rear Tweeter - FACTORY SPEAKER
> L Rear Mid - ALPINE SPR-17LP
L Rear ---> BOSE AMP---
> L Rear Tweeter - FACTORY SPEAKER
??? ---> BOSE AMP ---> FACTORY SUBWOOFER
I also have an old PAC AAI-GM12 if that is useful - I doubt it but who knows.
intdump 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
After talking this over with a friend we concluded I probably need something like the GM01-04 that sends the chimes and onstar through an after market amp rather than through the Bose amp. I will search for this item - any help on whether such a product exists would be helpful. Thanks
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
i thought that when you replaced the head unit that you lost the onstar and door chimes already. I am almost positve that the part you mentioned is the one, however I have limited internet access here at work so I can't be sure.
sqsq 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, if you currently have onstar and the door chime even though you replaced the head unit then the part which you need has already been installed.  Assuming you lost the onstar/chime when you put in the head unit, then you need an interface.  I can't remember the exact part number, but it's a common device available at most stereo shops, best buy, circuit city etc. and it will run you about a hundred bucks.
intdump 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
I do currently have the chime and onstar working with an aftermarket headunit. This is because the headunit is attached to the GM01-04 digital interface which itself connects to the factory harness. The factory harness then leads to the Bose amp. What I need is to somehow bypass the Bose amp.
Maybe someone can point me to the harness that I need to tap into to avoid the Bose amp and what color wires to look for??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic