icon

general remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Key sense gets hooked up when a car cannot see two keys at once. Say, an 04 F150. I put a RS/Alarm in it, used the 555S (dummy key in box bypass) and if I hooked up The blue(status output) ground, power and ignition to the truck from the bypass, it would start perfectly with the remote start. then you do the key over-ride(putting the key in ignition and pressing on the brake pedal to disengage the RS), everything still fine. But when you tried to start the truck again with the remote start, it would not start, but crank and the security light would flash (basically meaning that the key in the box became unprogrammed). You can hook up the keysense on this instance, but if you take the ignition wire from the bypass off, then it will not see both keys.
To sum it all up, keysense is required when the car cannot see two keys at once. When key sense is hooked up, the bypass become inactive as soon as you put int he correctly programmed key.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
To Enice, I thought you guys with left hand drive versions were luckier with wiring access! N.B. Bought a #1 point phillips with 18" shaft to get at the 2 screws facing you behind the steering wheel boss, it still doesn't work unles you remove wheel. Some Golfs have a tilt and slide wheel, removing the top cowling gives you slightly better access. We also have the smaller VW Polo which uses a 1 wire neg lock  and 1Kr unlock, also used by Transporter van. The Polo is evil incarnate, it's boxed in and the ign loom inside is metal shielded!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks rudy and enice I understand the Ford problem, met it myself and it also applies to late Mazdas (which are even sold thru Ford dealerships in UK).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic