icon

validity output for windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

With the 556u I recommed running the wire in series.  That means you would cut the ring and cut one of the immobilizer wires(2 small thin wires coming from the key cylinder) and connect it.  Follow the directions for European cars in the manual that comes with the 556u and it will work.  As for the key you can go to the dealer and get a valet key(a plastic key with the chip on it).

hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

Do you think the door trigger is wired to the domelight timer somehow?

I opened the driver door when the alarm was armed and the shock sensor was unplugged and it did trigger the alarm.  When I armed the alarm right after I closed all the doors, the lcd displayed an open door.  I turned the ignition on to reset the trigger code and it still displayed the open door when I armed the alarm.  Will it bypass zone 3 if it displays an open door when I arm the alarm?

I'm pretty sure that I connected the door trigger to the wire specified in the alarm vehicle wireing.  I'm going to check the voltage from that wire and I'm going to make sure all door are closed when I try it tonight.

Poly Dollies
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
the door trigger is tied to the domelight supervision.  What you can do is turn error chirp off and it will work that way.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
Kar tune man and enice are both right as usual, I would add an aux output from alarm use WHITE/ blue if RED / white is used for trunk release and make this your timed (c.35secs for E46 cabriolet) output joining to GREEN/ black of alarm. (if anything  SHORTEN lock pulse as default DEI setting brings up roof slightly on cabriolet!)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
A postscript, go to red blue on lower light (behind and below glovebox). This will shutdown immediately on door lock, thus no delay setting required. Tach on this model is thin black on OBD II socket.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
A second PS! Using a 556U is perfect for this vehicle BUT use the GREY valet key NOT one of the normal ones with remote controls, otherwise the car wont lock (if manual shift).
hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

My brother ended up not wanting the windows to open and close automatically since the sunroof always gets stuck when he opens it.  He didn't even know that you could close all the windows when locking the car with the key and holding it for a few seconds. 

I'll try connecting the door trigger to the light you mentioned since the door trigger is still doing the same thing.  The wire it is now connected to is a positive door trigger.  Could I connect the negative door trigger to the light so I won't need a relay? I would still disconnect the positive door trigger I now have connected.

I did use the plastic spare key and it starts flawlessly.  My brother didn't even know I was going to put remote start on his car.  I installed it all for $400, including parts.  It came with a mercury tilt sensor but it looks like it would give false alarms if he parks on a slope.

Poly Dollies
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Instead of green neg door trigger, alarm should have a purple pos trigger, this will suffice. Don't use other side of light as this is perm ground! N.B. Most owners of BMW/Mercedes/Vauxhall don't know about comfort closing and they make like goldfish when I show them!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic