icon

so i got thieved last night

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeus_r6 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2007 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I went to bed at 3am and about 1/2 hour earlier the neighbors are ringing the doorbell like crazy. 2 guys were spotted standing by my truck and by the time I got out there they were gone and so was my box and amp. The cap was still there along with the head unit. The crappy part is they melted the insulation on my hood release cable to pop the hood and disabled my viper 300+ by pulling off the battery cable. Then they screwdrivered the door locks out of both doors and ripped out my system. Anybody have any tips on repairing the area around the door locks?
monkies 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thats why I have a battery backup siren
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
sorry to hear that i would upgrade my alarm to a alarm with a backup battery and one that has a sensor to your battery also on the repair search for a shop in your local area. i use yahoo and click local  good luckk. i hate haters and thiefs
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

don't forget the hood pin, and adjust it so that if the hood is even tried to open it goes off.

git yer swerve on!
zeus_r6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
I installed for 5 years and cannot believe I wasn't running a hood pin.
swerve 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

i almost always try to sell them and even if they didnt pay for it i'll usually still put em in just cuz i hate to do an alarm that can be easily disabled  by just popping the hood without even a single chirp! but hey mistakes happen right? your probably not gonna forget the hood pin next timeso i got thieved last night - Last Post -- posted image.

git yer swerve on!
zeus_r6 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I probably wont' be putting in another system.
bigredishott 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  

Zeus i feel for you man! I lived on the south side of syracuse most of my life and i was robbed more times than i can count. =(  I do have to say it sux. But, i always got better equipment and better at installing . It has forced me to learn to install alarms/starters and that is pretty important to me these days. i just installed a prestige 997 and lock actuators makes me feel good knowing i did all the installing on my ride! Not to mentiong the cash i saved lol

Bigred
chris l. 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

My car was recently broken into the same way. They removed the front center grille and viola the hoold release is right there in plain sight. The factory alarm never had a chance. Besides a backup alarm which can still be disabled, and a hood pin which is too intrusive, are there any other options to stop the thieves cold?

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
chris l. wrote:

My car was recently broken into the same way. They removed the front center grille and viola the hoold release is right there in plain sight. The factory alarm never had a chance. Besides a backup alarm which can still be disabled, and a hood pin which is too intrusive, are there any other options to stop the thieves cold?

You cant stop determined thieves. If you live in an area where most people own car alarms and go off frequently, thats even better for a thief. Nobody will notice or care. A pager system is definately a plus when choosing an alarm.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic