icon

ported box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
krazykustoms 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
I have 2 kicker solobaric L7 dual 4 ohm subs, I want to put each in a single tuned ported fiberglass enclosure, but can't for the life of me figure out how. I want the loudest, hardest hitting bass possible. Can someone please help me out?
deemo 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
first things first wat is the rms on your 12"subs and wat amp you gonna use on these babies once you have that info then you can build your        fibrebox check your dimension of your subs aswell.do you wat spl or sq sound out of your sound system.
NB:I have a few ideas for you keep in touch:
deemo
krazykustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
The RMS is 650, max is 1500, I'm running a Kicker SX1250.1 D class amp to each at 2 ohms, and I'm wanting spl. I can build a regular ported box for big bass, but I want a tuned ported fiberglass box. Can you help me?
deemo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
there is a solution to the problem i done some research on your setup.
you get a ported box for the specifed subs you using its a dual chamber box made of 3/4"mdf construction check it out on supercrewsound.com its gives you the specification of box itselfs
NB:let me know if the box will help!!!!
Deemo
deemo
krazykustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah that gave me some ideas thanks

deemo 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
please send me some pictures wen u done.
deemo
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

But that doesn't give port dimensions as well...

There is another question that wasn't asked... Are you looking for competition SPL or street bass SPL? Many sanctioned competitions measure SPL at around 70Hz but most people are looking to impress and slam their audience with deep tones, ie Street Bass at 30-40Hz. Kicker makes their own boxes and they are tuned to Street Bass.

From WinISD, I got 6cf tuned at 28.6Hz with a round 4" port 4" deep (flare on the outside end) will give you a 4.2dB boost at 59Hz... at 70Hz you'll get about a 3.9dB boost. Shortening the port 1" will jump the 70Hz to 4.2dB and peak 4.6dB at 57Hz but your response curve will sharpen a bit hurting the Sweep Measure (not often measured but for some people it matters)

I tried to get results for a big boost at 70Hz, but I keep getting errors returned. I end up with a really, really sharp curve that is very narrow. But it says that you'll get a 15dB boost. It would seem that the L7 has trouble with it (or the program can't fingure out the Qs for it at 70Hz) >.<

Well I hope this helps give better details for you

Ganbatte ne!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
krazykustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Definately helps, exactly what I was looking for, and to answer your question, yes, I'm looking for that blow your chest out bass. The kind that you hear coming from a mile away. So I need to build a 6cf box with a 4" x 4" round port. I have that program and I hate to say it but I just don't understand it at all. Here's another problem, Kicker S15L7, I'm putting this one in my spare tire hole, again running a SX125.1 amp to it. Can you help with this one?
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2007 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

Forgive me, but I am a bit confused here. Are you looking for Street Bass (the one you really feel and hear) or Competition Bass? The specs I gave were for Competition Bass. If you are planning on playing music through it, I must admit it will lose a lot of quality and sound (as my friend would say) craptastic. It's meant to hit hard, not sound great. I can re-run the numbers for a better sounding curve, but it may not hit as hard.

For the 15", I am assuming you meant the 1250.1 amp...   6cf with a square port 3.5"x16.25". I haven't run these numbers through WINisd.

Any particular idea you had?

Ganbatte ne

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
krazykustoms 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for street bass that hits as hard as possible but still sounds good too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic