icon

02 monte carlo , hornet 564t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corny 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

The starter will not crank with the remote start. I have done searches for this subject in this forum and have tryed all of those sugestions. Here is what I know so far. Heavy Guage Purple wire is connected to the Starter Side of the cut Yellow Starter Wire, and Green wire connected to switch side. Purple wire shows 12 volts when RS is activated but starter does not crank.  (2) Red wires from the relay pack wire directly to the vehicles red wires at the key switch, and the Orange wire from the relay pack is soldered directly to the Orange wire of the Key switch, and the Pink wire is connected to Pink wire at switch, Pink/White is connect to the Dark Green wire at key switch. I installed an relay to power 2nd Acc. Brown wire triggered from the blue status output wire and now radio does come but it still won't crank. Car will start with the key no problem. Confirmed the Tach wire by checking the tach's AC voltage of 1.5 AC with the motor running, and programed tach signal to the unit. Verified Nuetral Safety switch has ground. Verified Brake shut down wire only has voltage when it is pushed. And when thru the programming steps to make sure 2nd ignition was turned on.

corny 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention I do have the DEI 555l Passlock 2 bypass installed and it appears to be working correctly. Does the factory security have to be disabled? I am pretty sure it doesn't but I can't come up with anything else.
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking at the DEI manual and the monte carlo wiring diagram and you've got it wiring up perfectly -- i would trigger your second accessory via your first accessory, not the status wire -- don't think that will change your situation, however.

When you just put a key in the ignition barrel, will it remote start (i.e. put a factory key by the transponder and do not turn)?  That'll let you know if it's the wiring/remote starter brain vs. the Passlock bypass.

Other than that, when you attempt a remote start, do the dash lights come on and do you hear clicking from the internal relays of the Hornet?

The search function is your friend.
corny 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
My next thought is tach learning. When I go thru the Shutdown diagnostics it gives me 3 lights which is due to low or no RPM but the starter hasn't even started cranking yet. I have tried moving the tach threashold to the on position but this did not help either. Do I change to voltage checking and configure my cranking time voltage checking accordingly?
corny 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
It will not crank with the key in the barrel. Yes the lights on the dash come on and the radio starts, fuel pump kicks on ect., and the relay's are clicking and I do see 12 volts on the purple wire for about 1 second before the RS quite's and retry's. The lights on the dash come on but not the security light.
peterubers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

What's your tach source?

Sounds like it's not the passlock (at this point).  Are you sure you don't have the yellow (cut wire) connections backwards (i know you probably don't, but sometimes you can look at something 100 times and not see a simple error) ..

peterubers 
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
You can switch to voltage checking to see if the starter spins up .. then switch back to tach learning and perhaps change your tach source.
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

did you try the remote start takeover/pitstop mode? It should stay running.  Did you program the tach?  I would also just put the yellow wire back together and then only hookup the purple wire...leave the green off for now.  See if that cranks the starter. 

Just a couple of things to check out...good luck.

corny 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Just tried remote take over and motor shut down when the key was turned off. I programed the system to no engine checking and still no crank of the starter.

corny 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
This morning I tried some off the wall stuff, found interesting stuff but I don't know what it is telling me. Tied RS with key in the ignition on the off position = No crank. I checked voltage on purple starter solh. wire while trying to start with RS and no voltage, but I still had voltage under dash on the yellow wire going to starter. Then I turned on the key and put the car into neutral, turned the key back as far as it would go (assy position) and tried my RS and it worked started just fine. I killed the motor with the Brake pedal and put into Park left key at the assy position and tried to RS again and no crank. So why can I start in neutral and not park?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic