icon

alarms with manual arm, disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trpltongue 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

That looks pretty cool!  I think I've seen things like that before, I'll have to double check.

I was also thinking about the spare remote idea.  Using 2 relays and a 12V to 1.5V voltage regulator, I think I could wire it up to arm and disarm based on the keypad output.

I'm going to draw up a diagram and see what you think.

Russell

trpltongue 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

How about this setup?

I think there needs to be some capacitors added to keep power to the transmitter longer and to the arm / disarm buttons, but I'm not sure what value.  There might also need to be some more diodes.

alarms with manual arm, disarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

Only 1 of us has to carry a keyfob, the other can simply use the keypad on the door to get into the car and lock it again. 

I appreciate the effort, and the desire to do something wild, cool, and out of the ordinary. The diagrams and all. Neat stuff.

But, what is your time worth. My time wouyld be worth more than the cost of another transmitter.  Just a thought. AND, I'm not shooting down your idea....it's really a good one. specially to use that piece that BigDog found.

trpltongue 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

Well, we tend to keep our cars a LONG time.  Our last expedition we kept for 10 yrs and the only reason we replaced it was because it didn't have 3rd row seating, otherwise I'd plan to keep it another 10 yrs.  So, it would definitely be worth the extra $150 or so bucks to add an extra transmitter if it could be done.  Unfortunately, I'm not handy enough to know what needs to be isolated etc, so I need to find someone who understands this stuff better to help me out.

What I'll probably end up doing is just waiting for the new Code-Alarm unit to come out.  It has a 1mile range and a couple extra inputs for arm / disarm.  I know they're not the best quality of alarm, but it's the only one that has the arm / disarm input and it doesn't look like I'll be able to figure out the wiring for the Viper unit without some help.

Russell

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic