the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

using a 556u remote start interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

I'm putting a Code Alarm CA670 in a 2006 Pontiac G6 and I'm trying to find out whether or not the key that will be used to start the car after the install is complete will need to have the transponder chip in it or will just a basic key work once the 556u is in place. I know the key that goes in the 556u has to have the module and what I'm thinking is that a copy of the key, minus the transponder chip, will work in the ignition since the transponder is already in place with the 556u.

I might as well as this too while I'm making this post: anything fancy on the door locks? I'm thinking it's a negative trigger but I havent researched it yet.

Thanks in advance!

altytruck 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
We use a different bypass for the remote start in this car. But on the 556u if wired correctly only becomes active during the remote start cycle thru the blue status wire output wire, so if you wire to spec than no you will need to have a chiped key to start the car.
altytruck 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
forgot the locks. The lock and unlock are on the same wire (-). lock is straight ground while unlock is neg trigger thru 1.5k ohm resistor. you need to use relays for this as well
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Okay so a chipped key in the 556u and 1.5kohm resistor on the unlock wire. what type of lock configuration is this?

also, what module do you guys use and how is it different from the 556u? if it's more cost effective, then I may go with it.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
locks are neg trigger. can use the 456L for the locks. bot the transponder, i would look at www.bypasskits.com
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  

I appreciate the suggestion for the 456L but if the locks are negative trigger, then all I need are two relays and the resistor. That would decrease costs a bit and would be quicker for me really (I have relays already). I've never used a resistor on a negative trigger though. Is this a newer feature for GM?

As far as the keys are concern, I may consider the PKU-GM2X from the site (bypasskits.com). Thanks for that suggestion.

Just to confirm though, *if* I go with the 556u, then I use a chipped key in the module and a standard/non-chipped key for everyday use, correct? Out of curiosity, what's the difference between DEI's 556u and 555f? I used the 555f before on my wife's mustang (though I cant recall the thing with the chipped vs. non-chipped key) and still have it among my supplies.

Thanks for all the input thus far.

Fosgate3 
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

I found this link: http://www.velocitymotorsport.com/images/install_notes/144.jpg 

I'm wondering if it is an accurate illustration for wiring the relays for the single wire negative door locks on this car, using a 1.5kohm resistor

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
that is correct. Yes, use the two relays and the resistor.
On the passlock, what if the person with the car wants to start the car without the remote start being activated. Then you would need two chipped keys.
The 555F is a glass pellet that you program like a 3rd key, they are often unreliable, and many times, the installer will accidentaly break the glass pellet when putting the steering column shroud back on. The key in the box or data bypass are the most reliable. The data one will not require you to remove the steering column shroud, therefore easier.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic